Monday, March 9, 2015

Adventure: Bonita Springs, FL

I'm back .. and tanner than ever! If you follow me on Instagram you're probably well aware of the fact that I've been in Florida for the past week with my friend Jenn & her family :) I've been to Florida countless times over the years, but this was my first time ever at Bonita Springs. The little town of Bonita Springs is tucked between Fort Meyers & Naples, a quiet community filled with palm trees & gulf courses. We stayed at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation, in one of their condos complete with a full kitchen, comfy living space, & huuuuuge bathrooms! Not only was our living space perfect, but the on site pools were beautiful & there was even a lazy river with tropical music .. hello vacation time! One of the other perks of staying there, was that we had access to the Hyatt Coconut Point Resort & Spa, which had even more pools, hammocks, & restaurants. In case all those pool options weren't enough, we also had access to a private island just a boat & trolly ride away! Below are some snaps & highlights from the trip :) 

PACK:
Load up on bikinis & skip packing any heels! Make sure to bring a comfy pair of tennis shoes & workout clothes, because even a quick power walk around the property will have you feelin good :) A couple t-shirts, flowy tanks, cute sun dresses, & cut-offs are all you need, bon voyage <3


BREAKFAST:
Skillets, is hands down one of the things I miss most from Florida! For being a chain breakfast spot, they whip up some pretty delicious grub! We ordered carryout from Skillets nearly every day #kindaguilty :) They had different flavored scones every day (my fav was the orange zest & cranberry) & omg can we talk about their sour cream hashbrowns?!


READ:
Actual books are a million times better than a kindle, especially when you're roasting in the sun. If you're looking for a fun read that wraps you up in it right away, then check out the Marriage Plot! To be transported to a far off land where cultures are being discovered for the first time, pick up Euphoria


FRESH SEAFOOD:
Coconut Jack's ... where do I begin ... ok F I S H T A C O S, more specifically blackened mahi mahi tacos! I was so excited to have fresh seafood, and the fish tacos did not disappoint. The pieces of fish were huge, flavorful, & they were cooked to flaky perfection :) The special in-house made mango hot sauce, also added a fabulous kick to every dish! Although they're known for their seafood, I have to say that their pulled pork nachos & sandwiches were unbelievably flavorful as well. If you eat here, you also have to try their blackened scallops .. my mouth is watering & typing this is seriously not helping lol.  


TREAT YO' SELF:
I've never gotten gel nails before .. I know I'm late to the party. I treated myself to a lovely gel manicure in OPI "Passion" & I'm happy to report that the extra couple dollars have left me not wanting to bite my nails! I also have been wanting to get new piercings for a while, & I'm so happy that I finally took the plunge & got em :) 


One of the most important things about traveling & any vacation is to make sure that you're with the ones you love <3 This is my little love letter to my bff/therapist/bridesmaid/sunscreenapplier/photographer/fellowfoodie thanks for bringing me on vacay & here's to many many more :) 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, looks so fun. I was sitting there plotting a trip between you and Vivy's vacation pictures.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing!! ahh jealous of that sun!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3