Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tasty Tuesdays: Woodchuck Cider Chicken

Several weeks ago Woodchuck Cider reached out to me, and asked if I would like to sample two of their ciders for a review .. obviously I said YES! I'm so happy that ciders have become so popular at bars in recent years, because I'm not a huge beer fan & the fruity cider options are right up my alley. I've cooked with alcohol before when I made Whiskey Shrimp, but this was my first time cooking with cider. The recipe was super simple & easy to make, the hardest part was saving the cider for the recipes & not drinking it before hand :)

Chicken with Cider (Poulet au Cidre Doux)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or any chicken you choose)
1 cup onions – diced
2/3 bottle Woodchuck Hard Cider
Sea salt, fresh ground pepper, Old Bay seasoning
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
Season chicken with Old Bay, sea salt, and pepper. 
Sear chicken in olive oil on high heat for approx. 4 minutes per side. 
Remove chicken from heat. Add butter and onions. Sautee onions on high heat while scraping bottom of pan to incorporate seasonings. When onions have carmelized, add chicken back to the pan with a
little more Old Bay. Pour approx. 2/3 bottle of Woodchuck Hard Cider in pan and bring to a boil.


Searing the chicken before bringing it to a boil locked in the moisture, and kept the chicken super juicy. The caramelized onions & apple flavor from the cider paired perfectly together to create a tangy flavorful dish. I don't say this lightly, but this chicken was one of the B E S T pieces of chicken that I've EVER had .. like REEEALLY it was fantastic! I will most definitely be making this recipe again, it's also a great option if you want to prepare a lot of chicken at once. Checkout their website to see tons of other Woodchuck Cider recipes!

**This post was sponsored by Woodchuck Ciders, all opinions are my own**

1 comment:

  1. yum! woodchuck is one of my faves!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3