Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tasty Tuesdays: Chocolate Cake + Coconut Icing

Today's sweet treat is the perfect dessert to whip up for your lover this Valentine's Day, or for your gal pals this Galentine's Day <3 I made this delicious two tiered chocolate cake with coconut cream cheese icing for David's birthday last month, and I can't even to begin to tell you how scrumptious it was! A lot of chocolate cakes end up dry due to the cocoa powder, but this one beat the odds and was super moist. In addition to the shredded coconut that I put in the icing, I added a little toasted coconut on top of the cake to give it some more pizzaz! I followed this recipe for the cake, and for the icing I mixed 8oz of cream cheese + 1/2 cup of butter + 3 cups of confectioners' sugar + 1 cup of shredded coconut. 


One of the most important things that I gathered from this cake baking session, was that it's IMPORTANT to let the cakes completely cool before attempting to ice them. I for one am super impatient, and sped up the process by putting the cakes in the freezer for a bit. The best part of this cake was the fact that we decided to eat it at 11:00 PM the night before David's birthday since we couldn't wait til midnight :) Happy Baking!!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3