Saturday, February 28, 2015

Review: The Squeeze Juice Cleanse

I kept a sort of "diary" each day of the cleanse so that I could give you all the most accurate round up of what each day was like. To start off, I wanted to share several reasons why I decided to do a juice cleanse:

1. I wanted to reboot my body after some less than stellar eating habits I'd been participating in.
2. I messed my knee up & hadn't been able to work out & was feeling bummed out about my body.
3. I'm in Florida for the next week & I want to feel confident in my bikini :)


I've never done a juice cleanse before, but I did fast (only water) for 7 days several years ago for religious purposes. That being said, I wasn't too sure what to expect from a juice cleanse but figured it was worth a try. I'd heard of The Squeeze before, and was excited when I saw their "Skinny Squeeze" pop up on sale for $139 (regularly $228) while I was prowling Groupon. This particular cleanse comes with 6 juices & 3 boosters per day. 


Pink Electrolyte Lemonade- alkaline water, lemon, coconut nectar, strawberry, himalayan pink salt
Get Your Juices Flowing- apple, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon
The Jeans I Wore In High School- orange, grapefruit, lemongrass
Raw Ginger-Aid- alkaline water, ginger, agave, lemon, aloe vera
My Plastic Surgeon Got Laid Off ... By Me- cucumber, aloe, e3Live
Stand & DeLiver- kale, cucumber, swiss chard, celery, dandelion, parsley, lemon, ginger

Day 1
Today started off awesome, I wasn't that hungry/thirsty in the morning & started the cleanse with Get Your Juices Flowing. It took me a second to get used to the ginger, but after a sip or two I enjoyed the rest of it. I had a busy afternoon & took two juices with me since I knew I was going to be out & about. Lucky for me it was cold enough outside that I didn't have to worry about finding a refrigerator to store the juices in. For "Lunch" I had Stand & DeLiver, which really reminded me of what it would taste like to blend a salad & drink it. All the veggies made it a little harder to drink continuously, so I had to make do with casual sips. For a little "dessert" I treated myself to Pink Electrolyte Lemonade which was freakin amazing & I never wanted it to end! When I got home I was feeling a little bleh & decided to take two of the boosters, Acai & Aloe. I felt a little better after taking them, but still felt I needed something more so I embarked on the second green juice of the bunch, My Plastic Surgeon Got Laid Off ... By Me. Although this one didn't have a bad taste (it just tastes like cucumber guts!) I had a really hard time drinking it & ended up having a little bit left .. which is just chilling in the fridge for someone else to finish. Back on track, I decided to try the Raw Ginger-Aid ... & BOY OH BOYYYYY is it G I N G E R Y ! I had to dilute it with water, which was good since I hadn't really had any water all day & was only able to finish half of it (Bad Waverly!). Last juice of the day, The Jeans I Wore In High School, ended up being the best Whoot Whoot & was a great way to end the day! I'm going to leave the third booster as an extra for tomorrow since I'm sure I'll need it more than today. So far my energy levels seem pretty good & I only sniffed David's delicious dinner of pasta 5 times. Here's to hoping tomorrow gets easier & my stomach looks even flatter :) 

Day 2
O M G I'm still here babyyy! I'm not going to lie today had its ups & downs. Since I had Day 1 under my belt I pretty much declared myself a juice cleanse master & thought I had today all figured out .. not so much lol. The day started out good & I decided to go with The Jeans I Wore In High School since it's the most typical "morning juice" of the juices & it was just as delicious as the first time I had it! I had to go grocery shopping today, which isn't the most fun thing in the world to do when you're on your second day of just liquids. I decided to bring Stand & DeLiver with me to hold me over while I shopped for David's food, and for some reason my body was NOT feeling it! I only got a couple sips in & decided to dilute it with some water once I got home. It went down a lot smoother once I added the water to it & I didn't have a problem finishing it. To reward myself for finishing the darkest of the green juice I had Get Your Juices Flowing, which I also added a little water to. I think it's just the strong ginger taste that is a bit too much for my body. While I cooked David's dinner & food for the week (I meal prepped for him while I'm away in Florida so he doesn't starve lol) I sipped on Raw Ginger-Aid ... which you already know I had to dilute! I really don't mind that particular juice once it's watered down, but man my body is so freakin sensitive to ginger. Surprisingly enough all the juices I had today were pretty filling & I didn't want to force myself to drink more when my body was feeling content, so I skipped My Plastic Surgeon Got Laid Off ... By Me & enjoyed my nightcap aka Pink Electrolyte Lemonade. I got some clothes I ordered for Florida in the mail today, & I must say it's a great feeling slipping on clothes and having them fit just right :) Eeeek, just one more day left of the cleanse & one day left til Florida!

Day 3
The last day & it feels so good! I can't believe how much energy I've had throughout this cleanse, I even prepared food for David while doing the cleanse .. yeah that's some serious will power :) I started off today again with The Jeans I Wore In High School, which was a perfect quick "breakfast" since I had an early morning hair appointment. I brought along My Plastic Surgeon Got Laid Off ... By Me to drink while I was getting my hair done, and it went down a lot smoother than the first time. When I got home I  drank Get Your Juices Flowing & started packing for 7 days in Florida! A couple hours later I went ahead & tackled Stand & DeLiver, which I had to water down to finish. Then I decided to bake chocolate chip oatmeal cookies at 9PM, come one I had to bring some sort of homemade treat to Florida :) While baking the cookies I chugged the Raw Ginger-Aid & watched several episodes of Criminal Minds on Netflix .. yup it was a wild Friday night! After all of that I was exhausted & filled with juices, so I decided to save my favorite juice Pink Electrolyte Lemonade to drink on the way to the airport. 

These past 3 days went by surprisingly quickly, and I have to say it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I am very happy with the results, especially since it was only 3 days & I saw such a change! This cleanse would be a great way to jump start a new fitness/healthy lifestyle. Since completing the cleanse I feel a lot more responsible and aware of what I'm putting into my body.      


I'd love to hear about any of your experiences with juice cleanses, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! Happy Weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this post and how well it was documented. Makes me want to try! any idea if the groupon is still available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While baking the cookies I chugged the Raw Ginger-Aid & watched several episodes of Criminal Minds on Netflix . juice cleanse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fleshandhide

    Fashion Leather Jackets | Celebrity Leather Jackets | Sheep Leather Jackets are Available
    at Fleshandhide.com , leather jackets uk leather jackets usa quality leather jackets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3