Tuesday, February 17, 2015

OOTD: Tahari + Mimu Maxi

When I tell you dressing for New York Fashion Week in February is a completely different beast versus dressing for New York Fashion Week in September, you have no I D E A ! In September it's all about dressing in bright vibrant colors & people "layering" blazers over summery dresses that they sweat through in about two minutes of being in Lincoln Center. In February .. more specifically THIS February with wind-chills of -22, the hottest accessory is a "snotsicle" aka snot running down your nose that freezes, because it's just THAT cold! For my first day at NYFW this season I didn't really have a game plan & was feeling a bit less that inspired about a bundled up look. I decided on an  all  mostly black look, that was centered around this awesome Tahari wrap coat. I spotted the coat at the same Soho boutique, Variazioni,  where I purchased this leather jacket. Since I'd already spent my shopping budget on the leather jacket, I insisted that my stylish roommate go buy the jacket .. & luckily she obliged :)


Coat-TAHARI via MY ROOMATE, Sweater-J.CREW (THRIFTED), Skirt-MIMU MAXI, Heels-TOBI

Keri snapped these pictures of me right after the Mark & Estel show in Lincoln Center. It was definitely a challenge trying to look normal, when there were arctic winds blowing all around & I made the horrible life choice of having my ankles out! I layered a pair of leggings under my new Mimu Maxi skirt for some added warmth, but I probably won't be wearing this skirt again til it's warm enough to wear it by itself .. I've already planned a million ways to style it :) After attending my first day at frozen fashion week (read the full recap here) I left with a lot of inspiration on how to dress for this weather, while still maintaining my personal style. That being said, I'm really excited for the outfit I'll be wearing this evening aka "Men's Wear Gym Chic" ... I know you're all curious now, but you'll just have to wait & see it for yourselves! Special thanks again to Tammy & Keri for sharing your fashion show tickets with me, I'm so grateful for your love & support <3 

3 comments:

  1. For a second I thought you cut your hair, you look like you're ready to kick ass at FW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the all black!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3