Thursday, January 29, 2015

OOTD: Grunge Queen

First outfit post of 2 0 1 5 .. & it's soooo Waverly! I love throwing button ups over slouchy tees or in this case a t-shirt dress, I don't care if it's chambray, plaid, gingham, whatever I'll wear it :) I wore this outfit last week while exploring Queens, & needed to have something comfy yet cute. I've definitely noticed my personal sense of style change since moving to New York. It just sort of happened naturally, & it's nothing crazy I just wear more neutrals & am less afraid to try different "looks." In the past I might have thought that this look was too "grungy" for me, but now I really don't care & wear whatever I'm in the mood for that day. Another thing that's changed is the fact that I rarely wear heels, due to walking everywhere & not having a car, I rely on comfortable & durable footwear. I scored these Joie Refugee Lace Up Boots at Crossroads for $50 on my lunch break one afternoon this past fall, & later googled them for outfit ideas only to find out their retail price which blew my freakin mind! I'm so glad that I bought them since I almost walked away from them, I'm still adjusting from my usual Maryland thrift store prices to NYC consignment prices. Anyways, David snapped these pictures of me after we grabbed a bite to eat at the most delicious (& cheap) Brazilian sandwich shop, Pão de Queijo.


Button Up-VS (OLD), Scarf-THRIFTED, Tights- C/O HANES HOSIERY, Dress-H&M, 
Boots-JOIE via CROSSROADS, Backpack-LOCKWOOD STYLE

The MVP of this outfit is definitely my Moda Luxe Lincoln Backpack from Lockwood Style. This backpack is legit my saving grace, & is perfect for carrying all my stuff ie; groceries, my laptop (Yes, it fits!), my kindle, my water bottle, & everything else.  The neutral shade goes with pretty much everything I own, & the style makes it chic enough to wear out .. except NOT to crowded bars .. bad .. very bad idea .. won't make that mistake again! Yup, this bag is awesome & the boutique I bought it from is awesome too, which is why I have an upcoming post dedicated solely to them :) Well I'm off to start packing, I just found out that I'm going to Florida tomorrow .. the nanny life is a crazy one!

2 comments:

  1. The background goes great with this! Cute bag.
    roseylittleme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that scarf!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3