Monday, December 1, 2014

Review: Lash Extensions

I don't know about you ladies, but I'm pretty lazy in the morning when it comes to makeup. That being said, I like to look presentable/alive when I go outside to take on the world .. which means that I like to have a little makeup on for backup :) Since I've moved to New York I've seen some pretty stylish people, I mean even in "sweats" running to grab a weekend coffee they look good! Anyways, the point is I wanted a shortcut to looking good which lead to this mathematical equation: 

Hate taking off mascara + No time to do Makeup in the AM = Eyelash Extensions  

I know, I know, I'm brilliant :) I was pretty nervous at first about having someone dabbling with my precious lashes, but after talking with a couple friends who get them regularly I figured I'd give it a go. I found an awesome deal on Groupon for EyeLoveLash where you could get a full set of natural mink lashes (50 pieces per eye) for $35.00. Once I got there the lady asked me what style I wanted which included Glam, Sexy, or Cute .. yeah I know, decisions decisions :) I opted for "Glam" and 1.5 hours later after having my eyelids taped shut & all sorts of crazy thoughts running through my head about what I was going to look like ..  I was introduced to my new lashes! I'll let the before & after pictures do the talking. 


I absolutely loved how my lashes turned out, & they were definitely noticeable while still giving a very natural non-Nikki Minaj vibe. The lady who did my extensions was very gentle, & even added in some additional lashes free of charge to make sure I had an even look. The lashes lasted for almost an entire month without requiring any mascara. One of my eyes lost the lashes at a faster rate that the other eye so I added a little mascara & it looked totally fine. The first two days I had my lashes I washed my face with a damp towel as to avoid water coming into contact with my eyes. In the first 3 weeks that I had my lashes the only additional makeup that I wore was tinted moisturizer, bronzer, & blush. Once I started to notice a few of the eyelashes had fallen off I used a little eyeshadow & mascara. The only problem with using additional eye makeup is that makeup remover & cotton balls/wipes sometimes catch the lashes & pull them off. Therefore, I tried to be really careful when taking off any additional eye makeup & made sure not to use an oil based makeup remover. I absolutely LOVED having eyelash extensions & would totally recommend them to anyone who wants a "built in" glamorous look, the only downside is that they're addicting! All of mine are grown out at this point except for 1 or 2 lashes, and I'd love to get them done again .. but money is tight so I have to wait lol :( However, I might totally cave & get them again in time again for New Years, & you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be getting them in the Summer .. who wants to sweat their mascara off running to catch the train!

This review is only for my one experience at this particular company and location, so I can't comment on how the service is done at other places. This post isn't sponsored, I paid for the lashes myself, & all the opinions expressed in the post are my own. 

Have any of you gotten eyelash extensions before?! I'm thinking of trying an eyelash growth serum next to see if it works, because they're a lot cheaper than getting extensions. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's really cool, never thought to try it but it looks natural on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3