Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weekend Recap

I haven't done a weekend recap in forever, but that's mainly because my weekends as of late have only consisted of nannying. However this past Thanksgiving Day Weekend I was back in Maryland celebrating with David's family .. which means no nannying! His Mom went above & beyond as usual with the most scrumptious Thanksgiving Day Feast, & then topped it off with F O U R made from scratch desserts :) To say that we were all busting at the seems would be an understatement. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was a huge late night Bowling Reunion we attended with a lot of our old friends from Maryland. I also got to engage in a little weekend brunching with some of my favorite D.C. ladies for my brief trip, which was so fun & just like old times!


1. I got my first Daily Look Elite Box right before we left, & let me tell you their stylist was so spot on! One of my favorite pieces was the striped sweater I'm wearing in the 4th pic. I signed up for their Free 3-month trial (the free promotion is still running), & I'm planning on writing a review after I receive a few more boxes.

2. #RoadTripEssentials
My most used NYC purchase yet, my cute & practical backpack from Lockwood Boutique.
Woats sent me some samples right before we left for Maryland & we devoured them, the Nuts about Berries were definitely my favorite!

3. We listened to the Serial Podcast on our way to MD, & let me tell you it's so addicting!! A former Baltimore Sun reporter looks into an old murder & takes you along with her the entire way .. you need to check it out.

4. Got to spend some quality time with my favorite little man & remind him that even though he's 5 he still is my little baby! Glad I got to get in some good cuddles & give him lots of smooches .. oh yeah we also had a light saber battle lol <3

5. How beautiful is this baked brie David's Mom made?! I love that baked brie has become a Thanksgiving tradition, this year it was layered with fig jam & toasted pecans.

6. So many delicious dishes, my favorite is always the mashed potatoes drenched in gravy & her sautéed mushrooms .. however this year she made the sweet potatoes with "burnt" marshmallows mixed into it & it was fantastic!

7. How pretty was my plate?! 
PS: how creative & cute is his Mom who made the napkin rings out of fresh cranberries! 

8. Lord have mercy (Uncle Jesse Voice) & I present to you the 4 homemade desserts she made:
Chocolate Musse Cake (My fave), Apple Streusel (3rd), Lindt Tart (4th), & a Pumpkin Cheesecake (2nd place) .. I die <3

9-12. We had the most epic "Bowling Reunion" while in Maryland & got to spend 4 hours bowling our hearts out. I scored much better than usual & even had a few strikes #winning! It was so nice getting to be surrounded by so many great friends including David's sibling & their spouses :)

13. Brunch lovin with some of my DC gals, Michelle, Ashley, & Alicia <3

14. On our ride back to NYC I partook in a little Instagram Outfit Inspiration searching & came across this beautiful neutral outfit that I want to recreate!

15. This morning I had brunch & knocked out some homework at my FAVORITE neighborhood cafe, Blessings. This place has the most fresh made to order brunch, friendly staff, & there's something in their coffee that makes me really productive lol

16. After brunch Saturday we stopped into the container store where I bought this XL Magazine File & this morning I put it to use hehe. I'm trying to get a little bit of organizing before our move next month, wish me luck!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, now it's back to the books for me :(

1 comment:

  1. love that neutral outfit!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3