Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Crock Pot Beef Stew

As soon as the temps begin to drop I go into crockpot cooking mode! There's nothing better than a rich savory stew or soup when it's chilly outside, and I'm so excited to share this simple and delicious beef stew with you this afternoon :) When I saw this recipe online for beef stew that had over 1,000 reviews I figured it was worth a shot. This recipe is so simple, that there's really no possible way to mess it up, which is my kind of recipe! Below are a couple of the changes that I made to the recipe. I used 1.5 pounds of stew meat from Trader Joe's that had already been chopped, a carton of beef broth, 5 carrots, 3 stalks of celery, & I doubled all the seasonings (you can adjust the amounts to your liking). I didn't have any worcestershire sauce so I skipped that, and instead added a cup of red wine I had laying around :) Other than those small changes, I followed the recipe verbatim & was very happy with the results!  


Since I added more broth to my version, I had a lot of leftovers which I bagged up and froze for another time. The picture above is from this afternoon when I reheated a freezer bag. After reheating the soup this time it was a lot thicker. This stew does take at least 4 hours to make if you cook it on high the entire time, so make sure to plan it in advance. 

Another crock pot meal I've got down to a science is chili, and you can see the complete recipe here. More important that stew, is that today is Veteran's day! I'm so grateful to all the brave men & women who have served our country, & who are still currently serving <3

2 comments:

  1. yum! this looks great!
    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks delicious and perfect for this weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3