Tuesday, September 16, 2014

William Okpo S/S 15

I've always dreamed of attending New York Fashion Week, and now I can say that I did!! This past Fashion Week has been a complete whirlwind of excitement, experiences, emotion, & tons of amazing fashion. Seeing the crowds of stylish people (including someone dressed as Sponge Bob) buzzing around Lincoln Center was such a fun experience, & the shows were the icing on the cake! The first presentation that I attended wasn't at Lincoln Center, but was at an old school gym .. don't worry it was the perfect backdrop for William Okpo's quirky school picture day collection! The talented sisters behind this collection are Darlene & Lizzy Okpo, who have affectionately named their label after their father William :) 


The collection was such a perfect balance of pastels & neons, accompanied by playful silhouettes. All of the models were decked out with "Cindy Lou Who" hair & bold white blocks above their eyes, which I absolutely loved. I also felt that there was definitely a 60's/mod vibe to some of the pieces, & the bold double collar on the pink look pictured above was also a favorite of mine. Danielle Meder was on hand after the show to create some beautiful original pieces inspired by the collection. It's so wonderful to be able to see the physical fruits from someone else's creation, & I'm so happy that William Okpo was my first Fashion Week Runway Show ever! To see more of William Okpo & their previous collections, check them out here.

1 comment:

  1. I am green with envy right now!
    Looks like you had an amazing time!
    I will go to Fashion week... Some day!

    x
    Littlemissboheme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3