Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Friendship Food

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! One of my favorite parts of the weekend other than spending it at the beach, was getting to enjoy so much delicious food :) Since the weather has been so nice out, I've been taking full advantage of our local Farmer's Market where I'm able to pick up plenty of fresh produce. The older I get the more I'm realizing that I need to be more conscious about what I'm putting into my body, which was why I was so excited to receive a copy of Friendship Food. The authors of this cookbook came together to create dishes that promote a healthy lifestyle and reduce chemical intake, something I think we're all pretty interested in :) 

Cookbook c/o Friendship Food

Last week I wanted a quick bite to eat & decided on some frozen crab cakes we had in the freezer .. hello lazy weekday dinner! Normally I would've just thrown globs of tartar sauce on this bad boy, but instead I topped it with some zucchini & tomato salsa from the cookbook. Not only did it add way more flavor than the tartar sauce, but it was much lighter & nutrient filled. Another one of the recipes I'm looking forward to trying out is the Chocolate Coconut Tart, I'm curious to see what a healthy cake tastes like :)
 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3