Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Review: Hard Candy

Today's post is all about makeup, a subject that I usually shy away from since I'm pretty much just a laid back CVS makeup junkie who shops in the clearance section. That being said, I do wear makeup & love trying out new products (especially when they're so affordable!!)... so here we go! A few weeks ago at the GBK & Pilot Pen Luxury Style Lounge I was gifted a bunch of makeup from Hard Candy's new collection, and since then I've had a lot of time to play around with it :) I decided to go with a natural look for this review, & I can't wait to share some of the new products I'm obsessed with!!!

The products that I used to create my look include:
Sheer Glow In the Buff
Blush Crush Pin Up
Shadow Primer Eyes the Limit
Brows Now Light Medium
Shadow Palette Raining Men
Mascara Carbon Black


Favorites:
The Brows Now, is hands down my new favorite product point. blank. period. It holds my brows in place all day without being stiff, and fills in the gaps while still looking natural. Not to toot my own horn, but I've seriously gotten so many compliments about my brows since I've started using it. At first I thought it'd be too light, but I think that if I went with the darker shade that it'd be too harsh. 

The sheer glow definitely brightened up my face, and evened out my skin tone. I usually stick with just moisturizing my face for typical week days, but have enjoyed using it on the weekends & date nights for a more polished look. 

The blush crush in pin up was another favorite of mine, and it was a nice change from my usual bright pink blush. I like this shade better for fall because it's a little darker & also has some shimmer to it for an extra pop! 

The mascara made my lashes super long after about 3 coats, & there were ZERO clumps. That being said, I didn't feel that it made my lashes thicker, but that was fine with me because I liked the more natural look it gave me while still adding some definite length.

I really like how the final look turned out, and have recreated it several times since. When it gets closer to the holidays I'm going to try out some more bold looks, perhaps a little green eye shadow .. who knows!? Hope everyone's weeks are starting out on a good note, I have sooo much homework to catch up on today. 

2 comments:

  1. your brows do look nice! i've seen hard candy in the store but hadn't tried it yet...i might pick up the mascara. thanks for sharing!

    PinkPopMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so tan! love the makeup!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3