Monday, September 15, 2014

P&R Talk: Esther

I was debating about starting another series where I interview my friends about random things. They're all so talented & interesting, and I think it'd be fun to do random little sit-downs with them from time to time. That being said, who better to kick off this little series than my brilliant & beautiful roommate, Esther <3 She decided to take the plunge & go platinum blonde a few days ago, & the rest is history :)


P&R: How many times have you colored your hair?
Es: Umm, recently none .. my most recent hair is virgin hair. When I was younger I experimented with a bunch of different browns, reds, & a honey blonde which ended up turning orange. 


P&R: What inspired you to go blonde?
Es: I always wanted to go blonde, I think it's so dramatically different than what I had. I think that it's good to take risks, at some point you have to try out something that takes you out of your comfort zone. I had been thinking about dying it blonde for several months, and then after seeing so many beautiful blondes at Fashion Week I had to take the plunge. Being blonde challenges me to try new things like different styles, colors, and makeup.


P&R: A lot of people go darker in the cooler months, why'd you choose to go lighter?
Es: I felt like I wear a lot of black and gray in the winter months, and I wanted to go with a bright striking hair color to bring some life into my dark wardrobe.

P&R: How long did the dye process take, & how much did it cost?
Es: Close to 2.5 hours & it was $150

P&R: Even though it's only been 2 days, do you feel like people treat you differently?
Es: People have been starring at my hair, it catches your eye so definitely a lot more looks. And people keep asking if it's more fun to be a blonde. 


P&R: Do you have any advice for other people looking to make a dramatic change to their looks?
Es: Whenever I'm faced with a big decision I come back to this quote, and it puts things into perspective for me & reminds me that even though I'm scared I should try it anyway, "life shrinks or expands in proportion to your courage" -Anais Nin.  

P&R: What's a funny memory from your childhood?
ES: One day I stayed at 6 Flags from open til close & road roller-coasters all day until I threw up. 


Are you in love with her yet? Sorry to burst your bubble, but she's taken! Other things you should know about Esther are that she graduated from Baruch this past May & she was the vale-freakin-dictorian!! She's also the world's best compliment giver & is always there to listen to my ramblings aka she's a keeper <3

All photos c/o Charles McDougald 

1 comment:

  1. love her hair!! she's fab!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3