Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Brooklyn Bridge

We finally walked across the Brooklyn Bridge this past weekend, and I must say that it lived up to the hype! Every morning while traveling to my internship I see the Brooklyn Bridge in all its glory, so it was cool to see it up close & personal ... & the view wasn't too bad either :) The pedestrian walkway portion of the bridge is close to a mile or a little less, but due to the HOARDS of tourists stopping every 2 seconds in the middle of the narrow walkways it takes some time to cross it. We walked the bridge from Brooklyn to Manhattan, & I was hoping there'd be a ton of cute brunch places to eat at once we got off the bridge in Manhattan, because I obviously had to refuel my body from the insane amount of calories I just burned crossing the bridge (insert sarcasm). Yeah I didn't think about the fact that it was a Sunday and that we were in the Financial District aka no brunch & we had to walk a bit to find a cute little coffee shop. That being said, it was a very cute coffee shop, my blueberry scone was yummy, & David enjoyed the coffee :)


At the lovely Kaffe 1668, I had my first cold press juice experience .. & it was a pricy one. I seriously need to stop trying to get into the fashion industry & devote my life to juice, because that's CLEARLY where the money is! That little juice cost $10 (Ahhhh!) but it was one of the best juices I've ever had & was made up of grapefruit, oranges, lemon, & ginger that burned the ba-jesus out of the back of my throat, but it was so refreshing that I just dealt with it :) In other exciting news, I'm in the last week of classes for the present term & will hopefully be graduating March 2015!! Hope you're all having a wonderful week <3

3 comments:

  1. i love those blue converse!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit!! Brooklyn Bridge is so nice, I went up there and my friend had me walking all over the place including across that bridge haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3