Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Breakfast in Bed

Even though I LOVE breakfast sandwiches, bagels, & every type of pastry under the sun I'm trying to go with healthier, cheaper, lighter options. Yeah I know boring, just kidding I'm actually enjoying it & it's cool coming up with different yummy combinations. If you would've told me that I'd be buying rice cakes & eating them ... let alone enjoying them, I wouldn't have believed you! What can I say, I'm a changed woman living on a limited budget. I think the secret to this deliciousness is the almond butter, it goes so well with bananas & a little drizzle of honey over the top :) Next up, yogurt topped with crunchy cereal or granola, MORE BANANAS, & a sprinkle of cinnamon ... you weren't expecting that last little ingredient were you?? I'm kind of sick of greek yogurt (don't hate me) so I've been going with plain or vanilla yogurt from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, but do what you like :)


I posted about a third "breakfast" on facebook a few days ago. It's what I make if I'm not really hungry, but know that I need to put something in my body. I've talked about green smoothies here on the blog before, but like my new combo better than the old one that had kale in it. My new perfected combo is unsweetened almond milk (enough so that everything blends), a spoonful of almond butter, a frozen banana, a BIG handful of spinach, & sometimes protein powder .. if I'm feeling buff. Yup, it's amazing how much the banana and almond butter are able to disguise the spinach, but just in case it's still too spinachy add another banana or more almond butter :)

Other things you should know about this post:
I'm a child & have a much better "waking up" experience if I get to watch a show while eating breakfast.
Our internet doesn't always like me .. case & point the buffering while I was trying to watch OITNB.
Bananas always win the fruit war in our house: cheap, portable, versatile, & yummy!


1 comment:

  1. yum! rice cakes are my fave!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3