Wednesday, July 2, 2014

OOTD: Pre Patriotic

Welcome to the new & improved Pich & Roor!! I'm so excited to finally share with all of you the new updated design, & I really hope you all love it as much as I do :) Tammy did such an awesome job translating my ideas into reality & even found a way to attach a Yelp icon with all of my other social media icons, so that you can follow all my food adventures! The fresh new layout along with my move to NYC has given me a glorious burst of energy & inspiration, & I'm hoping to have more regular weekly postings. This past week I submitted my resume & cover letters to several different companies across NYC, I'm really hoping to hear back from at least a couple .. so please cross your fingers & toes for me!! 

Dress-Thrifted, Belt-ASOS, Purse-FOREVER 21, Shoes-CONVERSE

I wore this outfit yesterday to cheer on Team USA vs. Belgium, & let me tell you I have NO fingernails left! That game was so stressful & heartbreaking, I don't usually get emotionally invested, but damn that loss sucked :( At first I wanted to wear one of David's jerseys to the game, but that thing looked hideous on me so I settled for a patriotic dress. I thrifted this dress several years ago & chopped off some inches, but never managed to hem it .. I don't really mind the distressed edges & am totally going to pretend it's supposed to be that way :) I'm not sure if it's the new environment or the hot temperatures, but I feel like I've been attracted to simple outfits more than ever before. Have any of you ever moved & it affected your style?? On another note, I just started a fashion forecasting course for school, & it's really interesting learning about what non-fashion related trends tie into different clothing trends. One of my assignments from last week was about if Nike should join in on the steampunk trend, yeah I said they should pass, there's no way people could run with all those extra metal gears on there lol. I can't believe that this Friday is already the 4th of July, we're going to be spending it with friends at a rooftop bbq & I'm beyond excited!! Do any of you have any fun plans for this weekend?? Happy Hump Day <3

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog look! Glad to see you settling into your new home. Cute dress and I LOVE that bag!

    No big plans for me on the 4th...just pool and spending time with hubby.

    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new look, looks amazing! I really love it, Tammy is doing the damn thing I tell ya! I love the dress, and you can barely tell about the bottom, it looks like it's just fine! I saw the last part of the game yesterday and I accidentally spilled all my daiquiri. It was so stressful, but i'm glad they made it this far. I'm definitely going to watch more soccer this upcoming season.

    No plans for me. I'm volunteering at the soup kitchen from 9- 12 and then I'm going on home to chilllax. I'm hoping ma will buy something that we can make. If it's super hot, I'm staying in, although I kinda want to see the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3