Monday, June 23, 2014

OOTD: New York Minute

HELLLLLO, from N-Y-C!! Yes I made it, and yes I'm still alive :) Between trying to get all my clothes unpacked, learning the subway system, & looking for a job this poor little blog has been neglected. Fear not, I've got several outfit posts lined up for you all & I'm loving all the cool backdrops I have at my disposal <3 These photos were taken this past Wednesday, which was our first full day in New York. It was super humid & hot, so this was about the most breathable cool outfit I could manage lol. As some of you know (especially Vivi) I get really nervous & spastic taking outfit photos in public, but NYC is giving me absolutely no choice but to face my fears!

Tank-FOREVER 21, Shorts-MOD DEALS, Shoes-CONVERSE, 
Purse-THRIFTED DOONEY & BOURKE, Sunglasses-FREE PEOPLE

One of my favorite things about NYC so far is the food! I mean my YELP app has not gotten a break since we've stepped foot in the city :) Since we were doing some shopping for the apartment this past Wednesday it was crucial that our stomachs were fuled up for the challenge. We had the most delicious Bahn Mi style sandwiches at Num Pang in Union Square followed by the best purchase ever .. an amazing double garment rack from Bed, Bath, & Beyond aka my new closet!! So far the city has been nothing but good to us, I mean we've already had 2 picnics in the park & we've been here less than a week :) Wishing you all a wonderful new start to the week <3

PS: I finally figured out how to resize my pictures (over 3 years later!!) hey, better late than never :)

13 comments:

  1. You pictures are loading much faster! I'm go happy you made it up there safe and in tact! Miss you so much! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Michelle <3 I miss you too, & can't wait for you to visit!!

      Delete
  2. yaaaaay NYC city girl!!! looking good out there in them streets! ...can't wait for a post about your fave thrift spits there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you know it :) Yes, I will most definitely have a good list of the top thrifting spots!!

      Delete
  3. Hey Mrs. New Yorker! I see you're looking good already. I'm glad you're getting over your fear and honestly, like you mentioned, NYC will FORCE you to get over that fear. lolol. Can't wait to bother you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Vivi!! Can't wait to show you around my new neighborhood :)

      Delete
  4. Wave!!! I miss you!!! I have seen your yelp posts and everytime I see it it makes me drool a little lol....so glad your loving the big city. Dont forget about us at NCPD. YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so adorable getting a little blogger account :) I miss you all too, I could never forget about everyone back home <3

      Delete
  5. Awwww yay! So glad you everything is going well for you there! Looking forward to all your NYC posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been such an adventure so far, & it's only been a week!! I can't wait to share all my adventures on here & with you <3

      Delete
  6. yay!! congrats, lady!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're getting all settled in! Wishing you all the success in the world! Don't forget about us! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3