Wednesday, May 7, 2014

iPhone Outfits

Today's post is brought to you by the forgotten outfits that have been sitting in my camera roll for the past couple of weeks :) Even though this is their first time making an appearance on the blog, these looks are some of my go-tos that I can always count on when I have "nothing to wear".

"Kimono"-VS via THRIFT, Shorts-DIY THRIFT, Shoes-CONVERSE, 
Purse-DOONEY & BURKE via THRIFT

Over the weekend I went on a day date to National Harbor with David, & boy was the weather perfect! We enjoyed chips & guac in honor of Cinco de Mayo & people watched .. talk about my kind of entertainment :) I don't know about your luck with "mom jeans", but they do NOTHING for my butt .. other than make it look like a pancake. Don't fret though, I've found the perfect solution in the form of a kimono! Since it's sheer you can still see that I have shorts on, but it eliminates the awkward pancake but scenario going on in the back. I picked up this robe kimono at the thrift store several weeks ago for $4.99 & it's already becoming a staple piece in my closet.

 Kimono-BOUTIQUE TO YOU, Top-ASOS, Leggings-THE LOFT, PURSE-H&M

I wore this look out to Happy Hour at El Centro a whole MONTH ago, which was muy deeelicioso  .. hello $2 Tacos :) I literally had access to only 1 box of clothes out of my ENTIRE closet (I suck at moving) so I had to make an outfit with what little stuff I had. I know people are going to yell at me for wearing leggings as pants, but before you start to judge me you should know several things! 1) These leggings are thicker than normal ones. 2) I bought them 1 size up so they're not suction-cupped to me 3) My kimono was long enough in the back to cover my butt 4) Why do I have to justify my clothing choices to you?! Totally kidding, but I was a little nervous :) 

Dress, Belt, & Purse-THRIFT, Booties-CHINESE LAUNDRY via MARSHALLS

I have to give this vintage dress props, I've worn it to DEATH since I first thrifted it for $7 (do you see the red sleeves??) last month. Even though it's bright red & has a retro floral pattern, it's surprisingly easy to style & wear. When I wore it to the DC United game (pictured above) I paired it with my favorite nude booties for a more causal look, but with a quick change in the shoe department you can totally switch up the look. I'm really going to miss my favorite thrift store when I move, but I am totally looking forward to exploring all the cool thrift & vintage shops NYC has to offer!

5 comments:

  1. Love these looks, especially 2nd one! That kimono is perfection! Me and my hubby like to people watch too, lol. ;-)

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the looks but the second one is my favorite! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all of your thrifted finds! that first look is my fave!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfits! You always look great! I never have luck with thrifting! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3