Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Eva Mendes X New York & Company

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the Eva Mendes X New York & Company Trunk Show at Tyson's Corner. One of the coolest parts of the afternoon was that Eva’s design consultant Alejandro was there giving one-on-one styling tips, & let me tell you he was running around everywhere helping everyone pick out the perfect pieces. When I think of New York & Company I typically think of work clothes specifically work pants because they carry "talls", but walking around the store Saturday I spotted so many cute pieces that would be perfect for a variety of occasions. Two pieces that really caught my eye were the Mercer Soft Shirt (worn in yesterday's post) & an Army Green Jacket (that I can't find online), I've already worn both since I purchased them Saturday .. so you could say I'm obsessed :) Back to the Trunk Show, when we (Trisha, Vivi, & Elle) entered the store we were greeted by some of the friendliest employees I've ever had the pleasure of shopping with & they brought us each several different pieces from the Eva Mendes collection to try on. One of the highlights for me personally was when my stylist for the day brought me a size 6 dress to try on, I told her that I was flattered but that there's NO WAY that's gonna fit me (normally I wear a 12) but she told me to "just try" lol. I was completely shocked when Trisha was able to zip my entire dress up, needless to say I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day :) 

Maria Brocade Dress c/o NY&Co

The Maria Brocade Dress is definitely my new best friend, & I can't wait to wear it to a wedding I'm attending next month!! It's the most flattering dress I've tried on in a long time, the material is fantastic & the length is ideal for the office as well as drinks after. It was such a fun afternoon full of great company & beautiful clothes, thanks again to New York & Company for having us :) 

** I was gifted the dress at the event, all thoughts are my own ** 
  

4 comments:

  1. Love the dress! Perfect for weddings, for sure!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great!! love that navy dress you're wearing!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you look amazing in that dress you better rock that thang! I kinda wish i had tried on that or the others with that cut! congrats on getting into a 6 girl. I told you, you're busting your butt working out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fun! Love the collection. - J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3