Tuesday, April 29, 2014

RECAP: #ForwardYourFashion

Be prepared for pictures galore! There were so many beautiful shops, people, & clothes that it was hard not to take pictures of every single thing I saw, but I do have a round up of pictures from the Monroe St Market X Goodwill #FwdYourFashion event. There's something so special about people coming together for a good cause & supporting small businesses, & I'm so happy that I got to be a part of it!

Loved this cute little b&w sign at the entrance & all the different fonts.
One of the many adorable stores, Rebound Designs, they refashion old books into purses, tablet covers, etc.

There was a Goodwill Pop-Up Shop selling some awesome clothes & accessories.

I'd like to introduce you all to one of the kindest people I've ever met, Mrs. Andrea, she has the warmest personality & one of the best smiles! She holds art classes for children & adults, where they turn everyday discarded items into beautiful recycled works of art. There are some more art events coming up soon, be sure to check out the upcoming schedule.

I love this candid shot of my model Chrissy & I, it was so fun working with her :) 

My love-bug Allix enjoying a GUMMY BEAR Popsicle from Orange Cow
& yes we started singing the theme song!
I had to snap a picture of these girls attending the event, 
the ruffly drop-waist dress paired with combat boots was too perfect <3

Hands down, Analog is one of the cutest little shops I've ever stepped into complete with racks of vintage, adorable handmade crafts, & twinkling lights draped across the ceiling. It only makes sense that this adorable shop would have an adorable owner .. insert Lisa, who was kind enough to let me snap away while she was enjoying her lunch from Lemongrass Food Truck :) 

I told you they had cute stuff, I loved the gorgeous vintage tray pictured above!

What good is any party or festival without good music?! Lucky for us, we had DJ Neekola spinning the entire afternoon, it was such a great selection of music including popular hits & old school classics <3  

I love street style, & all of these outfits were too "Springy" to pass up. First off how gorgeous is Danielle .. & those eyes!? I had to snap her picture, plus her pleated maxi skirt & long sleeve crop top were a match made in Heaven! The next two were enjoying a nice conversation when I butted in, I loved both of their looks & had to get a closer look :) Can we please talk about how effortlessly she is pulling off an overall dress/pattern mixing/combat boots ... I mean I'm obsessed & I want her to start her own fashion blog!

It was such a fun afternoon, & I hope you all enjoyed the recap :) Make sure to stop by tomorrow to see the final 3 looks I styled for the challenge! 

3 comments:

  1. Lisa = the Goodwill Fashionista!
    http://www.fashionofgoodwill.org/blog
    I met her once a few years ago at a Goodwill event. Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that pink maxi skirt! sounds like a great day!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad I missed this. Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you got some good stuff..xo!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3