Thursday, April 17, 2014

Merlot's Masterpiece

Last week I had the pleasure of attending "Bright Lights Big City" at Merlot's Masterpiece. This awesome little U Street gem is such a fun concept, I mean who doesn't love wine & painting!? Before you start getting all concerned about the fact that you haven't painted since high school or the fact that you don't have an artistic bone in your body BREEEATHE, the instructors are really patient & walk you through step by step. I was really excited when I found out that we were painting a cityscape, since it's just another fun reminder that I'm moving to New York :) Sorry if all the NY talk is boring you, but it's literally on my mind 24/7! 
A nice glass of wine upon arrival & a couple more later to assist with my painting confidence :)
All the materials you need are waiting for you at your station
They also had some delicious cupcakes & a cheese platter waiting for us! I really wish I remembered the name of the cupcakes, but they were fantastic .. the lemon blueberry one pictured above was the top contender  <3
The staff of Merlot's Masterpiece, they were all so friendly & inviting! 
You can tell that they all really enjoy what they do which I absolutely loved. 
Armed & ready to attack the canvas :)
I tried to snap a couple shots of the work in progress. 
One of my favorite parts of the experience was seeing how everyone's paintings turned out. You could tell we were all painting the same thing, but it was cool to see all the different variations. 
Taaa-daa, all finished & ready to take home!
I had the pleasure of painting next to Dana, & boy did we have a blast :)

This was my first experience sipping & painting, & I most definitely recommend it as a fun alternative to the bar scene. I also think it'd be great for a more low key bachelorette or birthday party, it's relaxing & fun. They have different instructors & different paintings, so you can check out their calendar to see what piece you'd like in your home :) Thanks so much Merlot's Masterpiece for having me, & I can't wait to find the perfect spot to hang my artwork in my new apartment!

2 comments:

  1. I recently did one of these classes at the VisArts building on Rockville (theirs is called "Cocktails and Canvas") -- I enjoyed it so much that I'm already signed up for their "Painting Under the Stars" class in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun!!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3