Thursday, April 24, 2014

Goodwill x Monroe Street Market #ForwardYourFashion

Happy Thursday ladies! I just wanted to let you all know about a really fun event that's going on this weekend, & the best part is that it's F-R-E-E :) If you live in the DC, MD, or VA area you need to swing by the Monroe Street Market for fashion, shopping, music, & fun. The video below explains more about the event, & all the good that it's doing. To sign up for your free ticket, click here! One of the coolest parts of the day is the #ForwardYourFashion Fashion Show, it's going to be a fashion show of 12 different looks styled by 4 thrifty DMV bloggers, & I'm one of them :) Our challenge was to create 3 different looks using strictly Goodwill items, oh yeah & we had to keep all 3 outfits under $100! I can't wait to share with all of you the complete looks, but for now I'll leave you with some teaser detail shots. 


Look 1: Casual Outfit for Running Errands
I'm usually pretty timid about print mixing, so I chose two mild patterns. The army print is pretty much a neutral & the fact that the polka dots on the blouse are so tiny makes this look very easy to pull off. I loved the bold gold earrings to liven up the outfit, & I couldn't pass on the perfume vial necklace #amaziiing <3

Look 2: Formal Outfit for a Summer Wedding
For this look I wanted to showcase the fact that you can score amazing designer-like pieces for a fraction of the price at Goodwill. Since the dress was a bit dark for Summer I wanted to keep the accessories bright & brought in more color with the fun statement earrings.

Look 3: Effortless Outfit for Brunching with Friends
Black & white outfits are always trendy, but I wanted to take this look in a more funky direction so I added some bold primary colored accessories for flare & a bright blue belt to break up the dress. I could totally see myself wearing this outfit to go meet up with friends for mimosas :)

To see the complete looks, as well as all the other outfits that the other bloggers styled be sure to stop by this Saturday April 26th!!

3 comments:

  1. goodwill shopping is my fave! can't wait to see your looks!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked some great items. The multi-color shades - it's calling my name.

    See you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends couldn't believe the price I paid for the amount of expensive French lace that was on my dress! I love it and am so excited to walk down the aisle in a couple weeks!
    chanel wallet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3