Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Valentine's Day Dinner

I spent Valentine's Day at home with my sweet husband, & boy did I put in WERKK in the kitchen!! We don't eat a lot of red meat, but we decided to treat ourselves to some nice & juicy ribeyes from Trader Joe's in honor of the Hallmark holiday. While we were grocery shopping David mentioned that it'd be awesome to top our steaks with whiskey shrimp. To clarify, when I worked at Stoney River one of the most popular dishes was the "Whiskey Shrimp" sautéed shrimp on toast points topped with a creamy grainy mustard sauce. I found a recipe online for whiskey shrimp at Brooklyn Plated, let's just say throw your diet out the window, down the block, & into the ocean  ... there's a LOT of cream & butter!! I didn't care though, because I believe that it's ok to indulge every once in a while (plus I ran 5 miles the next morning) & yeah there was a lot of indulging (we had carrot cake for dessert too).  
I followed the recipe for the Whiskey Shrimp pretty closely, but didn't cook as many shrimp since I wanted extra sauce to pour over EVERYYYYTHING! David said that it was delicious & that it was pretty close to the original :) With his stamp of approval & food babies the size of Texas I recommend this recipe & will definitely be making it again for another special occasion meal!

PS: I know you're supposed to drink red wine with steak, but my taste buds aren't quite there yet so white wine wins :)

7 comments:

  1. Your Valentine's Day dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELICIOUS! Looks so good!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. Your creation looks so effin' good. And I'm not much of a red meat person, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow sounds like you guys had a very romantic evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this looks amazing!!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dang girl! this looks amazing! I want to try this for myself now. all of my favorite things, Butter, Cream and Shrimp ....AND Steak haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3