Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Parmesan Chicken + Cauliflower Rice

Sometimes it's hard to think of new dishes to add to your weekly meal lineup, but lucky for you I've got a couple ideas for you! You probably have most of these ingredients in your kitchen already, which is the best part about it. I've had some success with cauliflower in the past, so I wanted to see if I could find another way to prepare it for variety's sake :) This entire meal was prepared & cooked in under an hour, which is the max amount of time I ever want to spend making dinner during the week. 
The cauliflower rice I made is super easy & I kind of just winged it .. basically there's no real way to mess it up. One head of cauliflower will yield enough for 2 large servings, we were literally stuffed by the time we were done. 

1. Chop up the cauliflower in little clusters & rinse them off.
2. Steam the cauliflower until it easily breaks apart & has become tender.
3. Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor & pulse it on high a couple of times.
4. The less you pulse the more "rice like" the cauliflower will be.
5. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl & mix in a generous tablespoon of sour cream + s&p + chili powder
6. Keep trying it until it's flavored to your liking, also if you're trying to be healthy you could try subbing out the sc for greek yogurt :)
I paired my cauliflower rice with baked parmesan chicken & roasted brussels sprouts. I've made this chicken recipe so many times & it always turns out delicious since I always add extra cheese :) I pounded the chicken breasts down to 1/2 an inch thick, which cut down on the amount of time I had to cook them which was perfect because I was starvvvvving! As far as vegetables, whether it's broccoli, sweet potatoes, or brussels sprouts I almost ALWAYS roast them in the oven. Chop up your veggies, toss them in olive oil, s&p, & place them on a parchment paper covered baking sheet, & throw it in the oven at 425 degrees for around 40 mins. Happy cooking :)

5 comments:

  1. this sounds so yummy! and healthy! love it

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on pinterest and have been meaning to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy and delicious= Perfect mix!
    I love it

    -A,x
    http://mandevillesisters.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://mandevillesisters.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sort of jealous that you can eat such a small portion. I feel like I eat triple the meat at dinner which i need to scale back on. Your dinners are always so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're funny, I definitely went back for seconds & ate double :) You know I've got a healthy appetite!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3