Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Brunchin' Attire

This past Sunday I fiiiinally got to catch up with my lovey Allix :) It had seriously been too long since I'd seen this chick, so we had a lot to catch up on & Urbana was the perfect setting (minus the loud-ass girls behind us). I was so excited that they had extended Restaurant Week an extra week, because I was hungryyyy & wanted to try EVERYTHING on the menu!! Lucky for me Allix & I were on the same page & decided to get a sweet & a savory entree .. best of both worlds :) I ordered the Nutella French Toast (caramelized bananas & macadamia nuts) & Allix got Eggs Florentine (ham, poached eggs, spinach, grilled rustic bread, hollandaise) they were both scrumptious, & I CAN'T forget to mention the delicious side of caramelized-onion potato hash .. on point! Oh yes, back to the real stars of the show the MIMOSAS .. not just any mimosas, but mango nectar, strawberry, & pear (we neglected the OJ). We tried to pick a winner, but they were all good especially when we combined flavors <3 More on where we ventured after later this week, but know that it was eye opening & so much fun!
Sweater-NEIMAN MARCUS, Necklace-THRIFTED, Sunnies-FOREVER 21
Skirt-THRIFTED (DIY), Booties-CHINESE LAUNDRY

It was so briiiiight outside when David took these pictures, that I could barely see which explains my face in the second picture lol. I had no clue what I was going to wear & decided to wear my DIY Menswear Skirt out in public for the first time & I really like how it looked paired with my favorite oversized sweater! I can't wait til it gets warmer out & I can style this skirt with a flowy tank top or a fun crop top. 

1 comment:

  1. wait, all of this looks good! I want an invite to the next brunch hahah. Those Mimosas looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3