Friday, January 24, 2014

MiAMi Diary

Happy Friday people! This week has been extra awesome because I only had a 2 day work week & also got to spend 2 days in Miami :) In case you aren't in the loop, I surprised David Tuesday for his birthday with a surprise 2 day mini trip to Miami. We missed our flight there (I shouldn't have waited til the morning of to pack), but booked another one just an hour later so it wasn't too bad. Even though we were only there for 2 days we squeezed in a lot of eating & a lot of fun! We saw the Heat beat the Celtics (barely!), Bieber on the beach, & got some serious cardio shopping in :)

This mini vacation was one of the shortest getaways I've been on, but I would totally do it again. It was nice to not have a schedule or anything planned (other than the Heat Game) and to just go with the flow. I'm the type of person who likes to cram in lots of stuff & have an exact list of everything I want to do, but I must say it was nice to just relax and let the day plan itself out. PS: I  got so many nice compliments on my little DIY Hula Slippers & wanted to share with you how to make your own! Now on to the food :)

A La Folie: The CUTEST little French Cafe located at the end of Espanola Way. They serve crepes & huge cafe lattes, & you will feel like you've best transported to Paris! This cafe is super laid back & the perfect spot to chat at without feeling rushed. 

Doraku Sushi: Located on Lincoln Rd, it's a great spot for an afternoon/evening of people watching& cheap bites. They have a pretty decent afternoon & evening Happy Hour for both sushi, noodles, & drinks. I really enjoyed the Spicy Chili Tuna Roll pictured above :)

News Cafe: This adorable little spot complete with gorgeous garden style outdoor seating is about as close as you're going to get to brunch on the beach ... unless of course you bring brunch onto the beach, but who wants all that sand?! The service was a little spastic & I wish that they'd served hollindaise sauce with my benedict instead of the "cream cheese sauce", but it was still pretty good. 

Rosinella: Let me start off by saying that I almost NEVER order Italian food because my Mother-in-Law is an AMAAAAAZING cook, & her food tastes better than the food at most Italian restaurants. That being said, David was in the mood for Italian & it was his birthday after all so we gave this spot a chance. I'm so glad that we did because it was one of my favorite dinners ever thanks to our thoughtful server, the romantic ambiance, & the delicious food. We split a bottle of wine, he ordered the Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo & I got the Eggplant Parmesan. For dessert we shared a slice of apple pie a la mode which was amazing & then we waddled back to our hotel room.        

I love you Miami & I will see you again .. that is all <3

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you two had a fun trip! I'm praying for a small vacation somewhere soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love miami! next time you should check out key west too and do the duval crawl so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun adventure! Nice to see your Miami style. I'll file these tips away because I'm hoping to go to MIA with some friends later this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughhh so jealous...I need a short beach trip soon...this winter is horrible! Glad you enjoyed your getaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3