Friday, January 17, 2014

Getting Dressed Backwards

This past weekend I spent Saturday night dancing the night away with friends at the Rock & Roll Hotel on H St. I hadn't been there in forever, but was pleasantly surprised at how on point the DJ was playing everything from Boyz II Men to French Montana .. I of course had to sing/rap every song lol (YES, I'm "THAT" person). On to the outfit, I don't remember which blogger I saw wearing their cardigan backwards months ago, but I LOVED it & knew that I wanted to try it out!
Top-THRIFTED, Shorts-THRIFTED (DIY), Tights-KOHLS, 
Necklace-THRIFTED, Booties-NINE WEST 

It was actually a balmy 54 degrees or so last Saturday, so I was able to get away with just tights, shorts, a cardigan, & my favorite new purchase my booties!! I scored them on SUPER SALE at Macys, they were originally $139 & I got them for $30 :) 

On to the star of the show, by flipping the cardigan backwards it creates a high neckline perfect for showcasing your favorite statement necklace. I can't even tell you how many people were freaking out over my backwards cardigan lol especially Alysia, you made me feel like a super star <3 Wearing a cardigan backwards is a fun & free way to double the number of tops you have in your closet, so got for it!!

PS: If you are in need of a Winter coat for next year, you should buy one now since they're all on sale. I scored this one from ASOS last week & it was originally $139, but I got it for $55 :)

2 comments:

  1. i love rock n' roll hotel!! seeing your post makes me wanna go out for some dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to the 'I Whip My Hair Back-n-Forth' ponytail! I love wearing my cardigans backwards. Gives the look a whole different take.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3