Saturday, January 18, 2014

Army Green + Neutrals

Last night David & I decided to give DC Restaurant Week a try for the first time at Co Co Sala! We don't normally go out to nice restaurants in DC, so it was definitely a treat (I ate more chocolate last night than I have in months lol). Needless to say it was absolutely freezing, so I got to give my new Winter coat a try :) I'm glad to report that even though it's kind of thin, the blanket like material on the inside makes it super warm. I also got to wear my leather look leggings for the first time since I'd bought them, which is a big deal because before they were too tight on me. Even small little "victories" like being able to fit in clothes that I couldn't wear before gives me even more motivation to keep pushing towards my goal <3
Coat-ASOS, Top-LOFT, Leggings-WINDSOR
Necklace-CARMEN LEFLEUR , Heels-NINE WEST

For some reason I was feeling "scandalous" an opted for a sheer top with a black bralette underneath which is typically not my style, I'm usually more of a leg girl :) Sometimes it's really hard putting an outfit together, but sticking to neutrals really made it a lot easier to throw this look together. If you're wondering about the dirty driveway I'm standing in, it was the best that I could do since I wasn't feeling brave & there were tons of people walking around (I hate taking outfit shots in public)! In other exciting news, last night I broke the news to David that we're going to Miami for his Birthday this Tuesday!! It was so freaking hard keeping it a secret from him for the past 2 months, but it was definitely worth it :)

4 comments:

  1. You look so lovely and classy, I wish I had the bone structure to pull off a bun!
    Also I've been searching for a lovely warm coat like this for ages!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at "scandalous". You look great! Love those leggings, and the jacket looks really comfy!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really nice, Waverly! Great coat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!!!!

    http://www.createdbyfortune.com/collections/custom-studded-converse-sneakers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3