Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 I'm ready for ya!

Instead of writing about all the lofty goals that I'm going to strive to accomplish in 2014, I want to share with you some things that have brought me a lot of happiness this past year :)
Just recently I jogged on a track for the first time since High School & it was such a nice experience setting my own pace & enjoying the beautiful weather. If you can't afford a gym or enjoy running outside, I definitely suggest you check your area for local school's who have tracks you can use! Running on the track was so different from running on my gym's treadmill (in a good way). Instead of feeling like ughh I haven't burned enough calories, I was actually enjoying my exercise & I really felt like I was building up my endurance. I'm looking forward to more track jogs in the New Year, & just staying active in general because it really does reward you with more energy.
When David & I got our first apartment aka my crash course into learning how to cook for the first time I used to make whatever I felt like eating. It usually consisted of a lot of processed carbs & cheese (I could live on cheese quesadillas), as well as making a bunch of little dishes which was time consuming & a pain to clean up. In recent months, I've been cooking with better healthier ingredients, making smaller portions, & preparing simpler meals. At first I thought that I'd be miserable, but I'm finding that the lighter meals are having a very positive affect on my life, because I have more time to do other activities & I don't feel weighed down after dinner so I can actually go to the gym. I used to hate Ezekiel bread, but now I eat a toasted piece every morning with an egg, spinach, & feta .. girrrrrrl it is scrumptious & keeps me full until lunch so I'm not tempted to visit the vending machine :) The picture above is guacamole toast with grilled chicken on it, I seasoned the chicken with Lawry's Seasoned salt, herbs de Provence, chili powder, s&p, & garlic powder.   
I love instagram & social media as much as the next blogger, but there's something so special about flipping through dare I say it ... PRINTED PICTURES, as opposed to scrolling through them on my iPhone. I'm not suggesting you become an acclaimed scrap-booker, but I've really enjoyed scrap-booking over the years & miss the old days of flipping through old photo albums at my friend's houses. This blog has been like a digital diary for me, & I love flipping back through it & reading about my past memories with friends & family. With all that being said, I still haven't finished printing out all our pictures from our honeymoon .. which was over 3 years ago, but hey I'm a work in progress :)
Of courrrrse I had to throw a mirrored selfie into the mix! I bought these pjs from Gap over the weekend & I loooove them, but that's not the point of this picture. I snapped this picture after a weekend of purging .. no not the bad kind like in the bathroom with your finger, but the great kind where you rid yourself of all the clutter & unnecessary things you have in your home & closet :) I got rid of 2 HUGE bags of clothes, shoes, & random pieces this past weekend which I'd been putting off for the longest time because of the fact that "I might still need them one day." News flash that day isn't coming fast enough & you're pushing the hoarders envelope!!! I felt so great after getting rid of that junk & I'm looking forward to being more conscious of my purchases in the future so that they don't end up on the shelves of Value Village :) Having less clutter & more space to enjoy the pieces that are my favorites is a lot more fulfilling, & I'm going to work on accumulating less unnecessary items in the future. 

Thank you all so much for being wonderful readers & commenters! I hope that this NEW YEAR brings you lots of joy & happiness as well as fun new experiences with friends & family <3

3 comments:

  1. I really want the Ezekiel bread with avocado and chicken. I'm looking forward to seeing where 2014 will take you . Showing up for the strongest version of yourself is the ultimate lifetime resolution.

    ummm and I need those gap pajamas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! Hope to see more of you in 2014! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3