Tuesday, November 12, 2013

When Life Happens

Hello everyone, sorry for the sporadic disappearing act. These past few weeks have been spastic/hectic to say the least. Three Sundays ago I got a call from my Dad that seemed relatively routine until the end of the conversation when he told me that my Mom had skin cancer. The way that he said it & the fact that he saved it til the end of our casual conversation really threw me off & I felt like I was trapped in a bad dream. I of course went into full panic mode because that freaking C-word just has a way of immediately knocking the life out of you. Fast forward through all my hysterics & tears I bought a plane ticket to come home the next weekend after they preformed her procedure to remove the skin cancer from her face.  
My Beautiful Little Momma & I

I'm so lucky to have such a great support system & have really been blessed with truly great people in my life. After speaking with many people I was shocked to hear how many of them knew people who had been treated for skin cancer & were now living normal healthy lives. As reassuring as it was to hear that, it was still "MY MOM!!!" & it was happening to her so I was still very on edge. I'm proud to say that 32 stitches later she is cancer free & doing great :) It was so great getting to be with my family for a couple of days & to see my Mom in person & see that she was ok! Moral of the story, I hug everyone I love a little tighter these days because you never know what the future holds. Thanks so much again to everyone who kept her & my family in their prayers, it was a great comfort & meant the world to us!

7 comments:

  1. Hi lady, so happy to hear your mom is doing good and cancer free. Sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love! I'm glad that your momma is cancer free! wheewww! Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time!
    I'm so happy to see she's cancer free!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lady! glad to hear momma is doing ok. my hubs just went to the dermatologist yesterday + was told he needs to have a few moles removed, so he's freaking out a bit. i tried to reassure him that having moles removed doesn't necessarily mean they're cancerous (i've had 2 removed myself, which turned out to be cancer-free). but we have a bit of the same scare going on in our house right now, so i know how scared you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies so much for your sweet & thoughtful comments, it means a lot :)

    PS: Eva I hope your husband's procedure goes smoothly & that the moles are non cancerous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you were going through a rough time; hearing something like that about a family member, especially your parents can be scary. Happy to hear that your mom is cancer free! (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cancer is a bitch. Ugh. But I'm glad to read that your Mom is now cancer free. Thank goodness her surgery was deemed successful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3