Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays: Phillips

A few weeks ago my Dad had to come to Baltimore for business & since I usually only get to see him twice a year (he lives in Ohio) it's even more special :) When he said he wanted to treat us to a nice authentic Maryland seafood dinner I was all for it! I've lived in Maryland for 5 years now, & still had never gotten to experience Phillips even though I always am hearing stories about it & have driven past the Ocean City one every time I've gone to the beach. 
We started out at the bar for HH because I LOOOOVE $4.00 appetizers & adult beverages! My Dad tried out their seasonal pumpkin beer & I pretended to be on vacation with a vodka grapefruit (I have to get my vitamin-C somewhere). We also ordered Oysters Rockefeller & Crab Dip to start off with & I absolutely loved the oysters so yummy, I just wish there were more. The crab dip was super creamy, but nothing really made it stick out from any of the other crab dips I've tried but for $4 I'd totally get it again :)
The man of the hour <3 He really is the best, especially since he let me re-take this picture like 4 times.
I of course wanted to order the ENTIRE menu!!!! I could legitimately eat seafood everyday, I think it may have something to do with my connection to the ocean ("Wave"rly). I can't believe I really just published that line about me & the ocean, anyways moving on to my "Broiled Chesapeake Seafood Platter" which included the following: crab cake, shrimp, scallops, crab-stuffed flounder & salmon. Even though it might not look like a lot, after having appetizers, Phillip's fluffy bread, some of David & my Dad's food, & some crab mac& cheese I was absolutely stuffed & even had to take my salmon home. I was really happy with the flavor of all the food & have found a new favorite in Stuffed Flounder .. it was beyond delicious!!
David ordered the "Grilled Salmon with Sauteed Crab", which was served atop of squash & a yummy tomato broth sort of deal. I was really surprised to see how much crab they served with the salmon, & the vegetables were seasoned perfectly with a little bit of a kick to them! 
The only thing that I was really disappointed with was the crab mac&cheese, because it was really bland & had very little crab in it. That really was my only complaint about our entire experience, and I'd definitely eat at Phillips again! If you want to go there for Happy Hour it runs Tuesday-Friday [4-7], Sunday [All Day], & Monday [4-close]. Thanks for reading & I hope you have a terrific Tuesday! 

PS: If you want to see what I was wearing while stuffing my face at dinner you can check it out here :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! How lovely that you got to have a nice dinner with him. You & your dad are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3