Thursday, October 17, 2013

Milk-Maid Braid

This post is more about the hair & less about the outfit.. oh yes & we can't forget about the debut of my D.I.Y. Smoking Slippers :) Over the weekend I caught up with my cousin over a delicious lunch at Victoria Gastro Pub in Columbia which involved duck fat fries & a delicious juicy burger. I was actually running late that day when I came across this new ingenious hairstyle by accident. My hair was still damp & I didn't have time to blow dry it which resulted in me going all "Pippy Longstocking" with a pigtail on each side. It didn't take long for me to realize how ridiculous I looked, so I started messing around with the braids & ended up with a "milk-maid" braid.   
Sweater-THRIFTED, Jeans-TARGET, Flats-D.I.Y., Necklace-CARMEN LEFLEUR

I was so excited to finally post these jeans up on the blog since I've had them since last Christmas when I bought this other pair for only $13 each!! They're so comfy & have the perfect amount of stretch so that you can breathe comfortably, but they're not saggy in the butt. I also can't get over how lucky I've been at the thrift stores, this sweater originally from Target was under $5 & had never been worn. I like that it's a bit over-sized & that the fabric has a bit of cashmere in it too which really is the icing on the cake :) Since I was already running late & a little sleep deprived I had no time for makeup & contacts so I opted for a fun pair of statement glasses (last worn here) that I scored for FREE from Firmoo! 

If you have long-ish hair & want to try doing a milk-maid braid just part your hair down the back & braid each side & tie off the ends. Then flip one braid over the top of your head & bobby pin it down. Then take the other one & do the same thing & finish it off by hiding the ends underneath the other braid. I had SOOOO many bobby pins in my head for this style, but it really is a fool proof style that would also be perfect for a rainy day. Exciting news, after David's Doctor's appointment yesterday we were able to get him scheduled for surgery this Friday aka tomorrow! With that being said I probably won't be blogging til later next week, thanks again for reading :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the color of the sweater!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the hair, and those slippers are really cute!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great braid and the little bow stud in your ear is so cute
    Deejay Speaks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3