Monday, October 21, 2013

Macy's Five Essentials Fall Fashion Show

This past Thursday I had the pleasure of attending Macy's Five Essentials Fall Fashion Show at their Metro Center location, thanks Whitney! I had a blast seeing all the wonderful pieces & stuffing my face with the most delicious treats courtesy of Kimpton! What set this fashion show apart from others I'd seen in the past, was that it involved REAL PEOPLE including Christina Brooks Cooper- President, Greater Washington Fashion Chamber of Congress, Angel Elliott- Host/Producer, BET, Fletcher Gill- Co-Founder, Luke's Wings, Ko Im- Reporter, WUSA9, Ana Jacobs- Style Blogger, Ana In Style, Andrew Roby, President, District Fete, Marissa Schneider- Senior Curator, Gilt Groupe, & Nicole Venable- VP, Bockorny Group. We were also lucky enough to have Amy Goodman present to host the runway show which was a nice touch, since she's an experienced fashionista & has been featured on the Today Show countless times. 
Amy giving us the rundown before the show & filling us in on what trends are going to be hot this Fall!
Keri & I grabbing a quick picture together before the show began :)
Even though both of these outfits have a sparkle-shimmer statement piece, I liked that the way they were styled made them suitable for both day & night! It was so fun getting to see Ana on the catwalk, and she did a great job .. not to mention we were both rocking matching top knots :) 
I'm so happy that this shot came out as clear as it did!! The bright pop of pattern from the shirt underneath his sweater was so unexpected, but adds so much to his look. I would have never thought to pair such different patterns and color palettes together, but I think that it really works & takes his outfit to another level. Also, you can see that Ox-blood (Maroon, Wine, blah blah blah etc ...) has decided to stick around for another year which I'm totally down with, because I think that it looks good on everyone & is such a versatile color which pairs with almost anything.  
Another trend that has reemerged from around two years ago is Cobalt Blue, not that you should ever stop wearing something you love because it's not "in season"! I'm glad however that it's in the forefront again, because it's a spectacular color that is sure to brighten your spirits no matter how gloomy the weather (super cheesy I know, but I think it's true)! As I mentioned earlier maroon is the perfect shade for both men & women this Fall, and the perfect partner in crime for it is a bold black leather statement jacket like the one pictured above which has awesome quilted detailing. The one Ko is wearing on the right is Calvin Klein & is currently on sale for only $99 right here
I love love loooooove open-toed booties & then add studs to them ... perfecto, but they didn't just stop there Nine West combined leather & suede to create a very unique looking bootie that makes a statement without being too in your face. Now that you NEED them desperately in your life & can't go on without them I will lead you right HERE to the promised land, you're welcome :) 
CAMO was most definitely in the house & I was so glad to see it because I myself came out to the event rocking my new American Eagle Camo Skinnies :) If you want to achieve Marissa's effortless punky-camo look you can check out all these fun camo options here & if you want Andrew's casual-comfy camo look for your man you can find pieces here
This runway snap pictured above does absolutely NO justice to this spectacular RACHEL Rachel Roy Coat! It was so fantastic that my lovey Morgan couldn't bare to leave without it :) If you happen to be in the neighborhood of a Macy's you owe it to yourself to pop in & see this baby in person, but if you're more comfortable shopping from your couch (hehe I am) you're in luck because they have tons of cute coats & Winter jackets online (I <3 this one & this one). 
Jewel tones also were strongly visible at the runway show & Ko looked all sorts of chic & glamorous in her emerald green Vince Camuto dress.  Angel rocked the runway in a neutral color blocked Calvin Klein dress which matched perfectly with her color blocked pumps. I was glad to see that her look included a crisp white coat because many people are scared to break the "no white after Labor Day" rule, but I'm all for it!
I couldn't NOT take a picture of these dapper gentlemen! I love that they both took the time to add a little something extra to their suits to set them apart from the crowd. Michael added some earrings to his lapel instead of a pin & Kevin added a patterned pocket square that brought the perfect pop of color to complete his look.
On to the food! I ate 2-3 of the bite size "Apple Brown Bettys" (Baked danishes, granny smith apples, creme anglaise, vanilla bean gelato, & topped off with cinnamon!) There was so much delicious flavor packed into these little bites I couldn't stop at just one, oh yeah & there were also cupcakes (I pigged out a bit). In case the deserts weren't decadent enough, they also had some Fall inspired adult beverages that were scrumptious enough to be dessert on their own. I decided on the "Smashing Pumpkin" (Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Liqueur, Stoli Vanila Vodka, fresh cream, & a butterscotch kiss to top it off) it was so yummy & definitely got me in the mood to go pick out a pumpkin :) In case they didn't spoil us enough in terms of entertainment & refreshments, there were massage stations & an express manicure table where they were able to make even my ugly stubby nails look nice! It was a fantastic event & definitely a great way to end my week.

PS: Here's a little snippet of the fashion show from WaveeeyB-gram :)

4 comments:

  1. looks like an awesome event, the Apple Brown Betty's look delish, and the Vince Camuto dress is so pretty!
    Deejay Speaks

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got some seriously great snaps at this event, so eal!

    Be sure to check out my blog to enter to win a $50 giftcard!
    XO Sahra
    Que Sera, Sahra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun girl!! Thanks for coming :)
    Bjs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the thorough recap, Wave! And that adult drink looks effin' awesome. I gotta try something like that soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3