Sunday, October 6, 2013

DIY: Customized Smoking Slipper

You know those times when something is such a great price that you have to buy it even though you're not completely sure if you'll ever use it?! I bought these slippers at Roses on the way home from Ocean City for only $5 several months ago & they've been faithfully collecting dust in my closet ever since. I love smoking slippers, but wasn't too sure about how to style the color combo (tan & yellow) with pieces in my closet. Initially I was going to paint them, but I'm glad I took the easy road out & decided to just "make them my own" with a couple of iron on patches :) This DIY is so simple that I almost feel silly doing a DIY on it, but I thought that it was a fun project & wanted to share it anyway!
First start off with a pair of smoking slippers/flats (ASOS $27, LuLus $21Go Jane $19)
Pick out iron on patches that will fit on your flats, you can find plenty of them on Ebay & Jo Ann Fabrics.
You can pick a different patch to go on each slipper like these clever ones if you want :)
Position your patches how you want them permanently & stuff a towel inside of the shoe 
to keep the material in position. Follow the ironing instructions on the back of the package.
Taa-daa, the finished project & final results! 

I really like how they turned out & am excited for a new statement shoe that cost under $12 :) If you can't find any iron on patches you like you could also attach a broach, tassels, or pom-poms to your plain flats to spruce them up. Let me know what you think, & have a great rest of your weekend <3

5 comments:

  1. They are so CUTE!
    Love them! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A freaking dorable. I love thw idea. I have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop it! So stinking cute. And so easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this look,Absolutely gorgeous you are!!!here is my loved blog,i think maybe you are love too:

    Sexy Cops Costumes supplier

    Keep in touch,best wish for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3