Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays: Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I struggle with getting enough healthy food specifically vegetables into my system as much as the next person, but I'm slowly starting to building an arsenal of go-to veggie recipes. Today's vegetable in question is one of the most hated vegetables I can remember hearing about as a kid, but with the addition on pancetta, brussels sprouts are no longer a punishment :) Recipe Below!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta

1) Rinse & Dry off Brussels Sprouts
2) Cut them into quarters
3) Toss them in olive oil
4) Lay them out on a parchment paper covered baking sheet
5) Add in pancetta & sprinkle salt
6) Roast in the oven @400 until they start to soften up
making sure to mix them around a couple times while they're baking
7) Take them out of the oven & immediately grate fresh parmesan cheese
over them & a couple squirts of lemon juice

I wish I had a more specific temperature & time as to how long to cook them, but as I'm always mentioning on here my oven is broken so it gets REEEEEEEEEEEEALLY hot even when it's just on 'warm'. The main thing to keep in mind is that you want them to soften up & absorb the flavors from the pancetta. I paired grilled chicken with caprese salad alongside the brussels sprouts and the sweet tanginess from the balsamic in the tomato salad really complimented the brussels sprouts. Wow, that last sentence sounded so professional lol. The moral of the story is that I really enjoyed this recipe & will definitely be making it again in the near future :)

3 comments:

  1. That looks amaze!!! What did you use to season the chicken? XO :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana! First I drizzle olive oil over the chicken then I sprinkle salt, pepper, & Lawry's Seasoning Salt, it's pretty basic nothing too crazy but it's so delicious & pairs well with anything :)

      Delete
    2. Oh I forgot I also used Herbs de Provence when I made it this time, but normally I just follow the recipe above!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3