Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Balsamic Sweet Potato Salad

I wish I had some cute outfit posts to share with all of you, but I have no life right now due to school & work so yeah it is what it is. Not to mention my current "outfits" consist of a polo & dickies [work] & sweats & oversized tees [home/school] yup below is what most of my days look like. However, if I'm going to be stuck in front of a laptop doing homework all day at least it's a cute one decked out in pink accessories :)
Back to food, since posting this recipe for roasted sweet potatoes there hasn't been a week that's gone by where I haven't made them or found a way to incorporate them into other dishes. The only changes that I've made to the recipe is that I cube them, put them in a glass baking dish, & drizzle olive oil & seasonings on top instead of sautéing the seasonings beforehand.  My favorite combo so far is adding them on top of salads, now before you go thinking I'm crazy let me break down the different elements that make this salad amazing!
The salad pictured above is not the one I'm describing, but it's pretty close to it! Last night when I made the Balsamic sweet potato salad it got demolished before I could even think of snapping a picture, so just picture the salad above with the addition of balsamic glaze, grilled asparagus, & cheese :) Below are the deets on how you can construct this scrumptious salad, but first let me explain the different roles all the ingredients play!  

Roasted Sweet Potato = Rich sweet flavor, great texture, warm temperature
Gorgonzola/Bleu/Goat Cheese = Creamy, punch of flavor, I LOVE cheese so I could go on forever!
Balsalmic Glaze = Sweet, tangy, blends all the flavors together
Grilled Asparagus = uhh I don't know what to say about it, but I just wanted to add more veggies to it to up the green factor & I'm already thinking up other ones to add to it next time.

For the base of the salad I used a Spring Salad Mix from Trader Joe's, but honestly you can use whatever type of lettuce you want. The Balsamic Glaze that I used for this salad is one from Trader Joe's & you NEED it in your life :) In case you haven't noticed I've been on a serious T.J. kick, I seriously haven't bought one thing from them that I didn't absolutely love! Well I have to run because I'm having friends over for dinner & I have to start making my famous meatballs :)

2 comments:

  1. yum girl! your plates are always so cute and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh this looks YUMMY! I need to try roasting some potatoes asap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3