Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall Fireworks

Thanks to a burst of "Fall Cleaning" earlier this week (which included weeding out junk from my closet) I came across one of my favorite thrift store finds to date! I bought this dress almost two years ago at my favorite thrift store for ONLY $3 which is an epic price for anything, let alone a vintage dress in such fantastic condition. When I initially bought it I was planning on shortening the hemline, but I'm so glad that I didn't because the longer length is very flattering & forgiving :) The last time this dress was on the blog was here at the Madwell & Refinery 29 event back in November of 2011 where I styled it with a bold gold belt & black pumps.
Dress-THRIFTED, Belt-ASOS, Booties-MICHAEL KORS

Even though I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that it's Fall I had to keep Summer close, so I wore a cute little necklace with a gold pineapple on it to keep things tropical :) One of the perks of the chillier temps we're experiencing are BOOTIES, specifically THIS pair that I'm wearing above. These booties are such a gorgeous color & pair well with a variety of looks & styles so prepare to see them on here a lot! Last Fall I did a 3 part style roundup with them & showcased three different ways you could wear them with leggings & a casual grey tee [Look 1] [Look 2] [Look 3]. 

On another note, if you don't have plans for the next two Saturdays yet I've got you covered! This Saturday my friend Tammy from A Loyal Love is hosting a fun event at the Bethesda Free People where you can shop, get your sweet tooth on, & check out their new social media platform. Then, the next Saturday after [October 5th] Dewdrop & Heels and the City are putting on a Fall Shop & Swap .. so there you have it your Saturdays are all planned out now :) 

PS: If you're wondering about the title for today's post it's because if you see the material of the dress up close the bursts of color look like fireworks. Aside from the fact that it's Friday which always makes me super happy, I'm even more pumped because my Dad is in town for the weekend! Happy Friday everyone, wishing you all a fabulous & fun weekend <3

4 comments:

  1. I have been lusting over those shoes for so long!! Are they comfy???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could be on my feet in them all day, but for like 4-5 hours they're not bad at all .. if that makes sense :)

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous!! Great to see u earlier this week.
    Bjs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog,wow awesome Definitely following!!,here is my loved blog,i think

    maybe you are love too:

    Fashion Jewelry Store
    Silver Jewelry

    Keep in touch,best wish for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3