Wednesday, August 28, 2013

STAR Power by Spanx

Last week I attended the Spanx Star Power Event in D.C. hosted by one of my very first blogger friends, Liz of So Much To Smile About. The event took place on the lingerie level of Macys which was very 'fitting' .. pun intended :) Along with getting to see the new Spanx line there was a manicure & makeup station, as well as drinks from Sparkling Ice & tons of sweet treats! I loved the makeup station & decided to go with a bright lip while Tammy went for a dramatic cat-eye, which looked awesome on her!! As I'm sure you saw on my instagram some of the cookies were shaped like lingerie which I thought was an adorable little touch, & don't even get me started on how freakin good the star shaped rice crispy treats were .. yeah you can definitely see where my focus was :)   
last pic via Liz

I was really impressed by how versatile & cute the 'Dress To Slimpress Leather Look Leggings' were & how versatile of a piece they are. As seen above the model styled them with red pumps & an embellished top, but I could totally see them with a pair of booties & a chunky knit sweater for a more casual Fall look. I hadn't thought of or even seen a pair of Spanx in I don't know how many years, but I'm so glad that they hosted this event in D.C. because they have definitely revamped their brand & have some great pieces! Also with the holidays popping up before we know it I'm definitely going to need all the help I can get to squeeze into my clothes after Thanksgiving & let alone after all the Halloween candy for that matter :) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my great event! Cute cookies...Love those leather looking leggings...a must for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Those leather-like leggings were da bomb. Sooner or later I am going to cave and buy some, I know it. Great to see you at the event!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3