Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays: SWEET GREEN

So pumped for today's Tasty Tuesday's Post!!! This past Sunday I had the pleasure of attending a private fitness & tasting event held at the Glover Park Sweet Green :) Alrighty now it's confession time, I had heard of Sweet Green plenty of times from friends, but had never tasted the fresh green goodness until the tasting event. First off, the staff is super friendly & easy going .. always a great start for any business oh & did I mention that these great people are also responsible for the Sweet Life Festival?!
If you're still not convinced I've got you covered, they carry organic & local produce, it's SUPER affordable, & OMG is it DEEEEELISH!!! I was lucky enough to get to try their July Seasonal Salad which is made up of organic mesclun + organic baby spinach with local peaches, organic basil, toasted almonds, local goat cheese, balsamic vinaigrette .. drooling yet??
 Attendees getting their fitness on with sessions lead by Ingrid Nelson, Lava Barre, and TanO Mazi
 
The extensive list of where all of their items come from, have you ever seen one of these before?!
Cool refreshing wine courtesy of Wide World of Wines to combat the summer heat :)
 
Ahh talk about a thirst quencher, my favorite is the Peach White Tea!
 
I HATE beets .. & I actually enjoyed the raw beat salad .. I know I'm just as shocked as you are.
I didn't get a chance to try the raw corn salad, but I've come to the conclusion that Sweet Green can do no wrong so I'm sure it was delicious!
 Enough said, I'm OBSESSSED!! Kendrick eat your leafy green heart out ;)
 
There was also gazpacho, it had a nice kick to it & tasted super fresh!
I had the opportunity to chat with several participants including Meredith who had such a lovely glow :)
 
My July Seasonal Salad <3

 It was such a great night filled with lots of healthy information & inspiration! Ahh, it's been quite some time since I've left a restaurant especially a fast casual one & felt that I'd actually done my body a favor by eating there .. Thank you SWEET GREEEN :) I'm sure now that you've read this that you're all running around freaking out about how you can get your hands on this goodness, you're in luck because they have a ton of locations including ones in MD, DC, VA, MA, PA, & one coming soon to NY! Want to hear why other people love Sweet Green check out this little video I made :)

4 comments:

  1. Meredith is a good friend of mine! DC is so small sometimes. This looks like an awesome event, glad you had fun!

    xo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! It really is a small world, I also met another girl who is friends with a blogger I follow. It was such a fantastic event & I'm looking forward to getting another one of their salads again VERY soon :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! I seriously have to pack up and move to where you are. You've always got tons of awesome events to attend to. My little city does not have any fun events at all. Well we do have fun runs and a zombie run but nothing as fun as these events activities at your area! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, that July seasonal salad looks deelishh!

    xo, Liz
    {What Dress Code?}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3