Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays: Date Night Great Night

Last Friday after work David & I decided to grab some dinner at one of our favorite spots, Busboys & Poets. We've dined there numerous times for brunch, lunch & dinner so you could say we're sort of experts on the place :) One of my favorite things about the Hyattsville location other than the fact that it's super close to our house, is that the level of service has been very consistent since the first time we dined there. Having worked in the restaurant industry for years I notice a lot of small things servers do which can make me a pain to dine with, so I (& whoever is dining with me) really want to commend them on having a fantastic wait staff! Now on to the food <3
We decided to split the crab cake sandwich with fries & the rustic pizza. A lot of restaurant's crab cakes are small & contain more filling than crab, but not as Busboys! I also have to commend them on reading my mind & making sure that the fries didn't come out too crunchy, they were absolutely perfect especially when dipped in the old bay tarter sauce!! We'd had the rustic pizza once or twice before & really enjoyed it so it was a no-brainer to get it again :) The pizza dough is thin (not crunchy though), the crust is chewy (in a good way), & has all our favorite toppings just how we like it. I mean you're looking at the picture, you see what I'm talkin about!
Ahh, looking at these pictures is leading me to think that another visit will be taking place very soon :) I also HAVE to share that if brunch is more your thing that you try their Neptune Benedict with a side of cheesy grits (I get it EVERY time), the two crab cakes that come with it are a great size for the price & the eggs are always perfection! After dinner we continued to be bad & indulged in some fro-yo across the street at Yogi Castle. For some reason I always end up with more toppings than yoghurt, it's not my fault all the toppings look so good! 
I got the bananas foster fro-yo topped with my FAVORITE flavor combo ever peanut butter, chocolate, & bananas .. ooh yeah & some cookie dough, heath bar, & sponge cake for good measure :) Anyways, if you live in the Hyattsville area of Maryland you should definitely check out BB&P,  & for those of you who live in D.C. or Virginia you're also in luck since they have have two in D.C. & one in Arlington. Whewwww, now you know how I really feel about the place haha. I can't believe that in less than 48 hours I will be back in Ohio visiting my family <3 I'm only going to be there til Sunday night, but any time with my family is always such a blessing. See you all back here tomorrow for the first of three thrifted skirt outfit ideas!

PS: If you're going to be in the area this weekend make sure to check out a great cause, G.L.A.M. 2013 details below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3