Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Zucchini Pasta

Yes folks, I've done it again :) Last week I missed out on Tasty Tuesdays, but that's only because I was busy in the kitchen trying new recipes & on my laptop working on lots of homework. The first of my new favorite recipes is Zucchini Pasta which contains "noodles" made from zucchini aka carb-less guilt free pasta! I had seen zucchini pasta pins all over pinterest & decided that it was finally time for me to experiment with making them. Below are the general ingredients, measurements, & instructions for how to make the pasta, but feel free to customize it to your taste buds.

[ 3 ] Zucchinis
[ 1 ] Head of Broccoli
[ 1-2 ] Tomatoes
[ 1/2 ] Small Onion
[ 3-4 ] Chicken Sausages
[ 3 ] cloves of garlic (roasted)
Tomato Sauce
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Oregano
Fresh Basil

1. Peel off the outer skin (it doesn't have to be perfect) of the zucchini so that you're down to the white part & peel strips of the zucchini with your vegetable peeler til you get down to the seeded part.

2. Put the zucchini "noodles" in a colander in the sink & sprinkle a little bit of salt over them to get some of the water out of the zucchini. After about 10 minutes squeeze the noodles & pat them down with a paper towel to remove any extra liquid. 
3. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add the zucchini noodles. Stir them around on medium high for around 5 minutes. After they're done cooking drain whatever liquid was released while cooking the noodles.

4. While cooking the zucchini you can start cooking the other ingredients either on a stove top grill or a George Foreman grill. I grilled chicken sausages, red onion, & garlic & then chopped them all up & tossed them in the pan with the cooked zucchini. 

5. Next add tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, & whatever cooked vegetables you have in the fridge (I used a head of cooked broccoli). Turn the heat up to high & mix everything together (including the oregano) until it's all blended & the cheese has started to melt.

6. Finally top the pasta with fresh basil & enjoy :)

Sorry these iPhone pictures are a bit unconvincing lol but I PROMISE you this dish was delicious, I even brought some in for my co-worker .. so she can vouch for it too :)

4 comments:

  1. adding this to my list of recipes to try! looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks REALLY good! Will be trying this one day soon. Thanks!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh looks really good, but I'm feeling a bit lazy to cook. Can you send me some of that please? hehehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so darling and so is this blog. Going to add you on GFC right now.

    Karissa
    Kandkshaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3