Saturday, June 8, 2013

Model Behavior

A couple of months ago at the Blogger Scene event I met my blogger soul mate .. it was "love at first sight" haha. 
I had followed Shelby's blog and Facebook styling page for a while before meeting her in person & then finally a couple months later I had the chance to meet her. It was such a funny moment I'll give you the general play by play from what I remember-
 
Me: **Walk towards Shelby** Hi I'm Waverly & I stalk your blog & love your style.
(I think I might have even said I'm obsessed with it ... Yes I sounded like a complete psycho)

Shelby: Aww really that's so nice/sweet, this has never happened to me before.

.. ok I don't really remember the rest, but we ended the night with out first "date" at Shake Shack.
 

Anyways, it's really so cool to see how many wonderful lasting friendships I have made through blogging & how amazing these DMV ladies are :) Not only do I get great outfit ideas & recipes from these ladies, I truly am inspired by them & love seeing them reaching & achieving their dreams!


Shelby had told me about the fashion show that she was styling with Kristus of Ratliff Events the night I first met her, and I can't believe that in a couple hours that dream will become a reality :) The whole concept of "Style Evolutionized" is to empower women to see all the options that they already have in their closets & to show them how to style the same piece differently to create an entirely different look. Anyways, I'm super duper excited because I'm actually going to be walking in the show & I loooove both of my outfits :) Stay tuned to see pictures from the show & I also had to include the sweetest little write up from Kristus <3 
 
PS: pray for me that I don't fall on me face walking down the runway :)

3 comments:

  1. Woah. I love the next Blog Layout girly! It's always fun meeting new friends! I need to get out and meet more bloggers! I miss you by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waverly, I love you. You did a fabulous job yesterday and styling you was honestly one of the most fun experiences I had on this entire journey for Style Evolutionized! I'm so glad we met and I look forward to our future together. (shh, don't tell your husband!) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were amazing on the runway. No face planting whatsoever- LOL. So cute to hear the story of how this fab collab came to be. Looking forward to many many sequels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3