Monday, June 17, 2013

Guatemalan Headband

Happy Monday!! Guess who submitted their research paper & hopefully never has to write one again?! THIS CHICK :) Ok, I promise to stop talking complaining about school now & focus on important things like summer outfits. As most of you know one of my favorite forms of cardio is thrifting. Not only does it require a lot of time on your feet, it also gets your heart rate up when you find that perfect unexpected treasure! A few months ago when I was in Florida we stopped by "SOCKS" (S-save O-our C-cats & K-kittens) a local thrift store that raises funds for the animal shelter located behind it. Every item in there was absolutely adorable and the two ladies running it were such little sweeties! Along with the Guatemalan belt/headband ($1) I scored the cutest little woven black crossbody bag ($3) which has yet to make an appearance on the blog but gets plenty of use! I absolutely love the pattern and bold color of the thread which made this headband the perfect item to spice up my simple/plain outfit. 
Headband-SOCKS, Sunnies-NORDSTROM, Top-KOHLS
Skirt-THRIFTED (DIY), Purse-THRIFTED, Sandals-WINDSOR

This thrifted skirt has been such a necessary & versatile piece in my closet for the past couple of years & I really don't know what I would do without it! Yes, it's that serious & YES, you need to get your hands on one now!! Over the weekend I hemmed 3 other thrifted skirts, & throughout this week & next I will share with you the 3 different looks I created with each skirt as well as a simple DIY tutorial so that you can make your own :) I hope you all had a fantastic weekend & I'll see you back here tomorrow for Tasty Tuesdays <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3