Saturday, April 13, 2013

LLS Black Tie Fundrasing Gala

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the LLS Black Tie Fundraising Gala hosted by Woman of the Year Candidate Nora Sommerkamp and Social DC Public Relations. It was my first time attending a gala, so I didn't have much of an idea of what to expect aside from a bunch of gorgeous gowns. The gala was held at the beautiful Artisphere in Virginia which was the perfect venue for the various entertainment and performances of the evening. One of the most touching moments of the night was the video message from Lammar and Hannah two brave survivors who have battled with blood cancer, it was truly inspiring to see how positive they were even after all that they've been through. Below are some pictures of last night's attendees, and let me tell you everyone was dressed to impress!
 
It was such a fun night filled with great entertainment including a Taekwondo Presentation, a Samba and Rumba Performance, and a live concert from Crash Boom Bang. In addition there were three runway shows featuring Elizabeth St. John, Nam Nguyen and Walish Gooshe. The collections were so adorable and perfect for this gorgeous weather we've been having! Another thing I have to mention are the CUPCAKES, I've eaten a million cupcakes but the red velvet one that I had from Kakewalk Cupcakes was one of the BEST cupcakes I've ever had!!! Overall it was a wonderful evening for an even more wonderful cause, & I'm looking forward to my next Gala :) To see more pictures from the event you can check out Pich & Roor's Facebook Page.

2 comments:

  1. Keda makes the best cupcakes in DC hands down! Love her stuff! You looked pretty Waves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked fab!! And what a great cause-- it's amazing how far we've come in treating blood cancers and I know more can be possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3