Thursday, April 18, 2013

D.I.Y. Gallery Wall

Decorating an apartment is no walk in the park unless your walk in the park includes a tornado touching down & an entire hive of bees chasing after you. Slowly but surely I feel like I'm taking steps in the right direction towards making our house a "home" awww how cheesy, but come on people we all aren't born with the gift of decorating :) Before moving into an apartment of our own I had the idea that since I can put outfits together without a problem that "dressing" my apartment would be just as easy ... wrong!!!
At first I got really discouraged/overwhelmed when all my amazing pins from Pinterest didn't magically fly out of my computer and onto my bare apartment walls. Well fast forward 2 months into living at our new apartment I finally took the plunge & tried my hand at a "Gallery Wall". After attacking my wall with pushpins I came across this article from HGTV which has tips on how to create different style Gallery Walls, way to go Waverly looking up how-tos after you've already completed the project lol. Anyways, I wanted to share with all of you the current state of my Gallery Wall or as David thinks of it "the random mess on the wall" :)
^ This is what I have so far
^ I like it for the most part so far, but I still want to add some pieces to the bare spots shown above.

I do realize that this wall is super random & I can even see where David is coming from when he calls it messy, but I didn't want to purchase any more frames/art/ pictures until I used all the pieces that I already had. I still want to get the top left print framed, but for now this fun crazy little wall is just what our apartment needed to add a little personality! Have you ladies done any cute little home decor projects lately??

2 comments:

  1. This looks so great! I love your combo of thrifted things and personal photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good! I'm going to attempt a gallery wall for the nursery & am a little nervous on how it's going to turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3