Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays: Bahn Mi

While stumbling around Pinterest last week I came across some old recipes I'd pinned months ago & decided to give this one a try. This Vietnamese sandwich "Bahn Mi" blew my taste buds out of the water! There are so many different flavors, textures, & temperatures in this sandwich, which truly compliment each other & create a very delicious final product. The most "difficult" part of this recipe is waiting for the meatballs to cook because they smell so amazing :) If you're in a rush you can prepare all the other aspects of the sandwich ahead of time & just make the meatballs fresh the day of.
This sandwich lead to a very quiet dinner not because we didn't want to talk, but because it was so good we were both too busy inhaling it. I followed the recipe almost exactly except that I didn't have any fresh cilantro or daikon, & I cut the ingredients in half when preparing the vegetables. I will definitely be making Bahn Mi again, and would love to hear about any new or old recipes you've been enjoying lately :)

4 comments:

  1. Tasty tuesdays, indeed! Not a usual cooker, your steps and depictions are nicely done! May have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, the pictures came out better than usual! I can't wait for our dinner date :)

      Delete
  2. TOTALLY going to try this too! Thanks Wave lol, it looks so good and I love Bahn Mi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should try it, there's so much flavor & even just one sandwich was filling!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3