Thursday, March 28, 2013

One D.I.Y. Dress 2 Ways & Giving Back!

So the climate may not be aware that it is Spring, but that doesn't mean I can't start prepping for warmer weather! Two days ago I attempted to "Spring Clean" out my closet .. so far I've picked out 4 things I'm willing to part with. Ok, so I've got a long way to go but the nice thing about reorganizing your closet is that you get to shop in it!! I decided to take Alison's advice from her presentation at Ikea & from this post on different ways to clean out your closet. I turned on pandora & got to work .. there may also have been a little bit of ice cream involved :) While emptying my closet onto my bed I came across this oversized shirt/dress D.I.Y. I did back in August & was playing around with different ways to style it for Spring. Below are the results & please forgive the poor quality of the shots ( I wasn't planning on posting them when I took them)!! Also, I wanted to share an event with all of you at the bottom of the post which is very near & dear to my heart <3
Date Night
This striped shirt is surprisingly versatile, & for the first look I wanted something that I could easily throw together for a date night. I opted for this bright floral thrifted blazer and I would pair it with nude heels, a simple clutch, & a gold necklace. Since it's a cheerful and colorful outfit I would top it off with a bright pink lip & my favorite .. a top knot :)
Casual II

Outfit numero dos is of course my trusty go to tattered Victoria's Secret denim button-up. This button-up makes the "dress" casual enough for running errands or catching up with friends over a doughnut or five :) I'd wear my Target leopard loafers with it which would kill two birds with one stone: print mixing & happy comfy feet! I'd probably wear my hair in a ponytail or if I'm feelin fancy do some loose waves. Jewelry wise I'd probably do a chunky watch or bracelet and some cute stud earrings.

On another more serious note I wanted to share with all of you something that is very close to my heart, finding a cure for Leukemia & Lymphoma. My Dad was actually born with Lukemia (lederers siwy) and was very sick as a baby. Luckily his parents were brave enough to trust Doctors to use experimental treatments to cure him. At age six he was given a clean bill of health & I'm beyond grateful for that because he really is the BEST Dad & easily one of the BEST people in the World!! He is extremely hard working, thoughtful, & loving & it makes me shutter to think that evil Lukemia could have prevented him from living the amazing life he leads!
In two Fridays April 12th Social DC PR will be hosting a black tie fundraising gala to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's MWOY 2013. It's sure to be a memorable night complete with a red carpet, fabulous performances, a silent auction, dancing, a runway show, and much much more!! To purchase tickets or make a donation click here and to see the line up for the night click here. I'm honored to be a part of the gala and will be documenting every bit of it, hope to see you there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3