Thursday, March 14, 2013

DIY: Gold Plated

Good morning ladies & Happy Thursday! As mentioned in the video from yesterday's post I have for you a quick & simple DIY. Last weekend when I was thrifting I found a really nice quality wooden serving dish for only $3.99 :) At first I was going to use it for serving snacks but all that quickly changed when I walked by the gold spray paint on the shelf. I have a ton of little, earrings, bracelets, & rings but since I don't have a good way of storing/displaying them a lot of times they stay tucked away in my closet unworn. I bought the spray paint a while ago for another project which I didn't end up doing, so I was excited to finally get to use it! The DIY "instructions" are extremely simple & may seem kind of obvious, but I'll share them anyways below these pics :)
Start with a wooden bowl/dish that has a bit of texture & grit to it (not shiny). Spray the paint a little less than a foot away so that you can get a nice & even coat (I learned the hard way & was WAY too close). Let it dry for about 10-15 minutes & then touch up some of the uneven spots. After one side is completely dry flip it over & do the other side. After that side is dry you're done! I know it really is that simple. 
Here it is in all it's beauty! I only have a few accessories in it at the moment, but I like that I can see all of them. I'm going to try & swap some new ones in every week so that I can mix it up a bit & get as much use out of my jewelry as possible :) I hope you enjoyed this little project & have a great rest of the day <3

8 comments:

  1. I love a good DIY. This look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an AMAZING idea. such a clever and pretty way to showcase/house your jewels. I must find me some spray paint and an old wooden dish PRONTO!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3