Thursday, March 7, 2013

Birthday in Baltimore

Last weekend Michelle, Vivi, & I ventured up to Baltimore to celebrate Jenni's B-day at Joe Squared. It was such a fun afternoon filled with laughs, lots of food, outfit shots, & thrifting. I really enjoyed the change of scenery & getting to see a bit of Baltimore as opposed to the usual D.C. spots. I was having a bit of a frizzy hair day so I decided to rock a turban & it did a pretty good job hiding the craziness! I'm so glad that Jenni picked a pizza place for her B-day lunch because I love pizza in any shape, form, or style & it'd been  a while 5 days since I had it last :) I started off with a bowl of French Onion Soup which was a little too sweet for my liking, but Vivi on the other hand ordered one of the best soups I've ever gotten to try which was their "specialty" sweet potato bisque with cooked ham ... ahhhhhhmaaaazinggg!! For our main meal Michelle, Vivi, Kizzy, & I ended up splitting the 24'' seafood lovers pizza topped with White sauce, basil, spinach, shrimp, crab, calamari, flaked fish, mozzarella, provolone and cheddar cheeses.
 
Denim Button Up-VS, Turban-H&M, Tank Top-PRABAL GURUNG for TARGET, 
Necklace-CARMEN LEFLEUR, Purse-F21, Booties-CHINESE LAUNDRY via MARSHALLS

Ok so I covered the cheesey food, now on to the sweet food .. Michelle brought the most delicious cupcakes from Wegmans!!!! I of course picked the one that had a snickers bar on top & was drizzled with chocolate & caramel sauce ... seriously though I'm drooling just thinking about it :) After stuffing our faces we decided that the lighting was perfect outside for some outfit shots in the freezing cold wind. I was so glad that I finally got to debut my new tank top tunic (say that 5 times fast) which fits absolutely perfect & is just the right length to layer on top of leggings! Yes, I jumped on the Prabal Gurung band wagon .. but I'm so glad that I did because the color & quality of this top are beautiful & I know that I'm going to wear the $#!% out of it this Spring & Summer. Back to reality .. I started school this week & I'm already over homework .. just a little bit, but I'm enjoying learning about all the different aspects of marketing. Instead of studying tonight I'm going to fully distract myself by attending the Violet Boutique Anniversary Party, hope to see you there!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Jenni had a pretty yummy birthday! Happy birthday to Jenni! Oh and that pizza looks gooooood! You just made me super hungry right now and it's almost close to midnight here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had so much fun. The Pizza looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3