Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Rainbow Roads of San Juan

PUUUUUERTO RICO,
You lovely island . . .
Island of tropical breezes.
Always the pineapples growing,
Always the coffee blossoms blowing . . . 

I grew up on classics I'm talking Singing in the Rain, The King & I, Bye Bye Birdie, The ORIGINAL Parent Trap, Swiss Family Robinson, My Fair Lady, & one of my ALLL time faves ... West Side Story as I'm sure you've guessed from the lyrics!!!! My Mom lived in San Juan for a couple of years & always spoke so fondly of it that when we had the option of cruising there I was ALL for it. The second to last day of our cruise we docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico & it was hands down my FAVORITE day of the entire vacation :) From the moment we stepped off the boat I was in LOVE <3 They have the most beautiful brightly painted buildings everywhere as well as the most deliciously amazing fresh pineapple drinks ... oh yeah & the breath taking views aren't too bad either :) 
Shirt-EXPRESS, Shorts-H&M, Bikini-WET SEAL
Sunnies-DEW DROP SWAP (Can't remember the name of the boutique)

We spent the day walking through all the little streets & shops of Old San Juan, sampling local foods (lobster empanadas), exploring the forts, & refueling on fresh tropical drinks. I also got a chance to practice my rusty Spanish speaking skills, I was surprised how many words came back to me. I'm so glad that I finally got to showcase these shorts again here on the blog, the last time I styled them on here was back in August at the Neiman Marcus Event. I seriously am getting "homesick" looking at these pictures, can you be homesick even if you've never lived there?! Either way, I want to go back to San Juan ASAP & for way longer than a few hours while passing through on a cruise ship. Wishing you all a terrific Thursday & I hope you'll stop by tomorrow for the first #Friday 5 post :) 

Oh yeah, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY <3

5 comments:

  1. Aww looks so fun that pineapple drink looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad is Puerto Rican and he has a vacation condo there so we go very often. But I haven't been in like two years and I'm getting withdrawals! I'm hoping we can go in the next few months. You look adorbs, love the outfit... and of course your pictures make me wanna hop a plane asap!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanna go on vacation toooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh beautiful I hear nothing but wonderful things about PR!!! Great vacation spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! I've never been out of the US. I REALLY want to visit Brazil!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3